00pro vs cavalier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

00pro vs cavalier

today im kind of happy because i beat a cavalier in a heads up race and off a roll.

at around 12:40 i was riding down dunn ave eating a spicy chicken burrito..
    "damn this is a good burrito", i said to myself and then i heard out of nowhere
    vroooomvroooom!!!

it was a cavalier. now cavaliers have a good aftermarket backing so you know i was kind of scetchy about the situation so i keep eating my burrito.

he did it again, so i decided what the heck let me try this guy.
    we came up to the stop light and as soon as it turned green he took off.
    i was sure i wasnt going to catch up, but all of a sudden i was inching past him
    at about third gear, i was gone. i slowed down to see if he was just playing around or if there was a cop(you know sometimes they hide). he pulled up beside me and i put it in second to get my revs up. he honked his horn and we took off again. this time i pulled even farther on him and at the next light he was turning left and i was going straight he revved up again and i revved too then drove away.

i was proud of that race because it was the closest race i have ever been in and i won, TWICE!

Well, I'm glad you won. Cavaliers aren't exactly... speedy... though.

Comment

Ecotec ones aren't bad on power

Comment

i know cavaliers arent that speedy, but at least he has a goal now to achieve.

dont mess wit the doubleopro...

Comment

this guy in my hometown has 2door ecotec w/ stripped interior. he took my bros 2000 celica gt-s, and ran neck and neck(sti still won thought) w/ another's sti. he says he has no nitrous and will not let anyone know what he has done to his car.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

The Z24's aren't slow... i worked with a guy who drove a '00 Z24 automatic with BPU's and he ran high 15's with his subs in the trunk.
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

so whats the difference between the regular cavalier and the z24?

the ecotec is a bad ass motor, a lot of drag cobalts and saturns are running fast times.
              Last edited by doubleopro; 01-31-2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

its amazing how many high performance parts gm offers for the ecotec to the general public. i don't think any other car manufacturer offers that much aftermarket/high-performance support.
                Almost there

jdm tails... check
                jdm bumper... check
                ms lip... check
                ms grill... check
                ms sideskirts... check
                ms rear skirts... check
                ms spoiler... check
                ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Well I have been smoked by a Cavey before........so it must have been a z24 Cav. The z24's are a little speedy.
                  "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

smoked? c'mon, no protege can ever be smoked only destracted

Comment

Heh I guess I'm used to stoplight dragging in the cutlass. Everyhing slower than a wrx or ford lightning is pretty much gonna get pwned when I drive that car. I suppose I could see how some of the cavaliers might be quick compared to a non LX protege.

Comment

Im up to race a friend of mines z24 actually. He tells me hes gonna have his car filled with fat chicks and have the windows down. I told him no deal unless they have there hands out the window pushing back the air.

Ive taken integs, civics, eclipses (2nd and 3rd gen) and recently the kia spectra (I thought it would do better becuase its just a rebadged protege) I mean really killed them. Ive also been embarassed by a tuned out mk2 vr6 jetta (I used to own one so I know they had balls but this guys had alot of work)

I figure if I take out my sub I should beat him. However he tells me that he beat his bros manual p5 (although his bro tells me he was shifting early to protect the car). I dyno equal to that but I weigh less. I got some more work to do but I think ill take him up top. He tells me he has trouble breaking 100 and Ive bounced off the governer before.

Comment

sweat...

Comment

lol
                            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Id like to see pictures of that one.......lol.......well coming home from the dance store today i spanked a white cavy.....looked stock to me.....so i dont know...lol
                              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Working...
                              X