X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Civic Si.

Is not faster than my car by about a fender and a half
    Serenity's Dead.

I dunno about them. Ive heard lots of people say how slow they are and how boring they are under like 5k rpms (typical honda).

Guy I know with a stock gsr with i/h/e took one by like 3 car lengths. When I was stripped, I beat the gsr by a few lenghts.

I think your car is slow or something man, you dont seem to have the performance you should!
    Last edited by 91ProtegeLX; 04-19-2006, 10:28 PM.
    Eat ****.

Comment

slow is a relative term. for a stock car i was quite impressed with the performance of the honda, and the exhaust tone was pretty sweet as well. you must remember my **** is stock as well.
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

true...

They do sound sweet!
        Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
          for a stock car i was quite impressed with the performance of the honda, and the exhaust tone was pretty sweet as well.
          i've driven one, as far as the below 5k thing, yeah you're right, its pretty fun with an lsd and 6 speed though

Comment

so theyre not that quick?? i taught they had the power of the K20 .. but more ....?
            My Toys =D

Comment

who said they arent quick? by stock i mean a stock GTX engine.
              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

they are quick for a stock civic. I think they run mid 15s.

But like all honda's...they lack in the torque department. So in order to get the most fun outta the engine, you need to be above like 5k (or whenever)

Even the s2000 is a dog to drive a low rpm's
                Eat ****.

Comment

heres what i dont get, the fastest stock honda is a s2000 which does a 14.2 ET time, the honda SI does a 15.7 sec................how is this fast? to top this off the lx protege stock has a 16.8 1/4 mile time............the only reason i have to buy a 4 banger is to thrash on during the winter and driver to work, other wise ill stay with the real power of a V8. just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaspeed?
                    heres what i dont get, the fastest stock honda is a s2000 which does a 14.2 ET time, the honda SI does a 15.7 sec................how is this fast? to top this off the lx protege stock has a 16.8 1/4 mile time............the only reason i have to buy a 4 banger is to thrash on during the winter and driver to work, other wise ill stay with the real power of a V8. just my .02
                    the stock 1st gen lx is good for a high 15.

if you buy either of the two cars you mentioned for acceleration only, you are buying the wrong vehicle. the s2k is about balance and a fun ride, which i will admit is a relative term.

fast itself is a relative term. my definition of fast is anything under 14 seconds.
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

i completly agree, the reason i still have my 91 dx i converted to an lx is cuz there fun in the snow and gr8 for a work car.
                      as far as the high 15 on a stock lx i dont agree with, my 88 gt mustang with the 5.0 V8 is rated at 225 hp which is probly around 180 to the wheels and it runs a 15.5 flat bone stock 1.5 years ago when i took it to the track.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html heres the web site im getting my ET's from and the 16.8 on a stock lx i believe is correct since i drive the protege often and i also drive a 97 cobra which is rated at 13.5 and can easily hit high 12's with minor bolt on such at gears, exhaust, pullys ect.

Comment

Ive seen people pull off 15.8s and .9s all day in stock LX's. I think my very first 1/4 run, was between 15.9 and 16.5, I dont remember the exact time but it was up there. And mind you Im at 7800ft above sea level.

When I did my 14.9 I had bolt-ons and a stripped interior.

POWER TO WEIGHT is the key there.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

stock 5.0 gt's really werent all that fast. heads and intake mani dont flow for crap when it comes to being stock unless boosted with the stock heads and mani you can do every other bolton and still only be in the mid 14's heads can be good for 45 whp on the 302 from back in the 80's
                          mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

hmmm.. only thing i dont like about those damn Si are engine space.. o well... i wasnt really fond of drag... plus i suck at it .. hehehehheheh.. but i think it should do good in AutoX with its Lsd....
                            My Toys =D

Comment

I think drag should be a must for everyone, i love bracket racing, always win somthing....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X