Kids these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids these days

I did my civic duty tonight by teaching a kid a lesson in cornering, and how not to pick your opponents. I work in Austin, TX (which is the world capitol of road construction) and have about a 30 mile commute to a little suburb of a suburb called Leander. The hwy I take home is being finished in sections, and shortly after it ends, there is a mother of all chicanes. Two 90 degree turns that connect the access road to the old hwy while the new is being built. It's a road-racer/autocrossers wet dream. There is a light 1/4 mile before the turn, and it's at this light that the aforementioned kid pulls up in his 2000 LX 5spd, with a taped over rt tailamp, one hubcap missing, and LOUD music blaring, and engine revving. My car is a '99 es with the racing beat mufler, mp3 suspension, low profile tires, fs-ze cams, and the Tire Rack windshield sticker from the scca national I won in Houston last year. I'm not exactly hiding the fact its not your mothers protege. At the light change I take off normally as he squeals his tire and almost hits the guy behind me. I figure we're done, but as we come up to the favorite part of my commute, he comes flying up beside me, I guess trying to save face. I take the first left conservatively making sure that he doesn't hit me, and lauch out of the corner in the sweet part of second. He makes the classic error of fast in, out slow. I proceed to wind out second, speed shift to third, stand the car on its nose heading into the next turn, heel toe back to second, and launch out of the right hander damn near perfectly. I then shift from 3rd to 5th and settle back to the speed limit. I look back and have over 20 car lengths on him. At the next light he pulls up behind me and I notice that he's on his cell phone. As I turn off the hwy he passes and gives me a freindly wave and head nod. When I walk in the door, my wife has a curious look on her face. She then proceeds to tell me that her assistant principal's son just called, and wants to know if I give driving lessons.
    '99 ES MP3 suspension & exhaust, FS-ZE cams, Injen CAI, and a few more mods I won't admit at tech.-Gone to a good home.
    '07 3 S Sport

"Never let your ego outrun your contact patches."

?cool?

Comment

AAAHAHAHAHA!!!!
      Lesson 1. Turning off the crappy music.....
      -'91 Festiva L
      -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

wow, sounds like that kid atleast understands when he is show'd....

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

I'm taking him with me to an autocross next weekend. I figure this way he can learn there are safe places to drive a car to its limits. Plus nothing does a better job of teaching car control.
          '99 ES MP3 suspension & exhaust, FS-ZE cams, Injen CAI, and a few more mods I won't admit at tech.-Gone to a good home.
          '07 3 S Sport

"Never let your ego outrun your contact patches."

Comment

Working...
          X