No announcement yet.

smoked an Si CRX today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys are probobly right, I don't have the reinforcements in the front bumper and there's no fuel tank, but that's not worth much because the gt bumper I have and the cell have there weight too. I didn't mean to offend anyone, and it's true that the scale could be off.
    I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

I think stock crx si's run like 15.6s in the 1/4 supposedly. They are quick ass little cars, I used to have one. I had it in the low 14s with about $1500 worth of go fast goodies. I believe its possible that you could have beat one. Hell I beat a porsche 911 yesterday. But he stalled his car out at the start. I got a good car jump on him. then Cut if off as soon as he got his car started again. LOL

Not to bash or anything. But I took ALOT of of stuff outta my car and it wasnt too close to the 2000lb mark and it was hardly even driveable because of how uncomfortable it was to be in there for a long time. What do you run in the 1/4?
      Eat ****.

Comment

don't have any clue what my quater is, other than the CRX I've only raced a SVT Contour and he beat me buy half a car.
        I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

how much did it cost you for your head to get p&p and did you notice any good gains outta it?
          Eat ****.

Comment

p&p and 20kth mill was 350 dollars though he was a good aquantance, I did notice pretty good gain but it was neither high or low, it was more mid band. I think it was because the mill changes the timing.

Comment

nah i think crx Si runs 15.8 stock but with a couple grand its an easy 10 sec car
              i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                nah i think crx Si runs 15.8 stock but with a couple grand its an easy 10 sec car

Post something this stupid again, I dare you.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

By the way, what was the clearances on the Miata pistons with your head...since the Miata pistons have 4 valve reliefs.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                    Post something this stupid again, I dare you.

hahahah that was great. It definately takes more than a couple grand to take it ANY honda to 10 seconds. Im thinkin more in the range of 20 or so thousand. I doubt it would even be streetable. Fastest honda that Ive ever seen that was streetable was like 11.4s. And that was on slicks with totally gutted and lexan windows. I dont know how streetable that is but whatever floats your boat.

Just an FYI, on my old talon (turbo AWD) i put about 3 grand total in go fast goodies (they woulda costed more but i got some wicked ass deals) and it was in the 12s. And might i remind you the 4g63 is a much better platform to make go fast than a honda engine. These mods included a bigger turbo, FMIC, drag radials, weight reduction, and fuel. Its not all that easy to break 10s without serious mods and money. Faster you go more you spend.
                    Eat ****.

Comment

Dogs go "ruff".

edited to be nicer....yet maintain something on his intellectual level.
                      i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                        turbo kit (fmic, turbo, blowoff) 2500
                        forged pistons 300
                        100 hp shot sniper nos 300
                        10 second crx priceless

sound like $20,000 to you

Do you honestly think thats all that is required to run 10s?? You need some education my son! I also think all crx's in the 10s are made of that fiberglass 1 piece front. and so on.

Weight reduction???? I highly doubt there is any full interior crx's running 10s.

Re inforced drivetriain parts, no crx has stock parts strong enough to hold up to 10 sec passes
                        i.e. New stronger tranny, axles, LSD etc!

Fuel system??

Fuel management?

Drag slicks, stock tires wont hold up to that.

Roll cage is requires for any car that runs 11.99 or faster

Prolly need some sort of headwork done

And those are expensive parts, maybe not 20,000 but it will cost well over 3000 bucks.
                        Last edited by 91ProtegeLX; 11-12-2003, 02:57 PM.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

i hate know it all's who know nothing!
                          Last edited by THEGOLDPRO; 11-12-2003, 04:33 PM.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Lol, this forum is turning out to be a waste of time. No, I don't know the clearences on the pistons, I didn't build it. I do know that the head was milled twenty thousanths. That's all I know.

Comment

All I wanted to do was say that I was happy to shame a Honda owner. I know it was an Si, maybe I shouldn't have won, my car is decently fast for what it is, I do have Miata piston, yes they have four valve reliefs, no I don't know the clearance, yes I did save a lot of weight, and maybe I have ideas that the all mighty jesse doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ImportDragn311
                                Lol, this forum is turning out to be a waste of time. No, I don't know the clearences on the pistons, I didn't build it. I do know that the head was milled twenty thousanths. That's all I know.
                                I'm sorry you feel that way. We (team of moderators) want this forum to be the home of the very best technical info you can find online about Proteges. That being the case, crap like what the other guy posted is NOT tolerated, and we will simply publically humiliate you on the forum for being a moron. If you don't know the answer, don't GUESS with a post.

I asked about your setup because I'm not sure about the clearances when using DOHC higher compression pistons on a SOHC motor, because the valves are at different angles and the lift is different.
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X