No announcement yet.

smoked an Si CRX today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well all of our crx was done by us(Me and my man) No one done it for us that's for sure. and we have around 9g's in the motor alone. We have completely gutted the entire car and we plexi glassed all the windows too. It didnt take as long as it did u!! But there was two of us doin them so!! We just relocated the battery to the back of the car in the hatch. I dont race it at the track he does and the we've done really good! It takes a lot of hard work when u go into a project like this it takes all of ur time. Alot of frustration too. But in the end of the project it's all good!!!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

sorry to beat the thread to death but the crx with a couple grand being a 10 second car isnt hard to believe although not with 2g's but with about 4 a crx will run 10's no problem i have helped build a few and they are still 100% street legal i have helped build one.

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
        sorry to beat the thread to death but the crx with a couple grand being a 10 second car isnt hard to believe although not with 2g's but with about 4 a crx will run 10's no problem i have helped build a few and they are still 100% street legal i have helped build one.
        care to offer a recipe? I think it could be done, but it wouldn't be reliable...
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

as every said si's arent quick unless they have had a vtec swap....speaking of that i got a d16z for sale.

Comment

ya know i think it is a good ideal to make fun of people with bull**** posts, for someone like me trying to learn about mazda, i want reliable information posted, and if i do post something bull**** i wanna be called on it, because im prolly misinformed....called good system of checks and balances. now i cant say that anybody is wrong here cause honestly i know **** about mazda, as of now,

Comment

by the way the fasted streetable crx ive<----ever seeb went 13.6 at gateway here in st. louis. not sure what he was running, but he was boosted out the world.

Comment

thats cool , ourz is pretty much the same way.. Nuthin is factory at all and we dont run NOS thats for ..lil gurlz.. LOL We run a lil lower than what that CRX runs but its all a process.. Whoever said progress was a slow process wasn't talkin bout me!!
                "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

my car says 2200 on the title but i figure wit my system rims and spoiler i added alot of wait to it so who knows im probally near 2400 now

Comment

i killed my friends si w/ intake and he took off first at the light then i cought up on my third gear about 2 cars ahead and i was with my girl and my sis he was w/ his girl. o did i tell u i got bp on my 2,300 323? So add 150lb for me 130 for my girl and 120 for my sister. thats 2,700lb of bp powered 323...

honda, honda, honda... once again u cant hate them for being them. They have good engine, chassis, and the looks u gotta love the looks.

used to own this civic brnad new when i was 17 im now 24 sold this when i was 21 in 2001. 14.8 1/4 mile time w/ NOS and 14" cheater tires stripped interior.
                    I owned a civic cx hatchback it weigh 2,018 no back seats, no carpet, stripped rear panel n ****. I didn't like the ride but it was fast i was running sohc vtec w/ headers, intake but i spent $2,800 for the car $650 for the motor and i did the swap. so basically i spent $3,450 to make it run pretty quick when on my 323 which i bought for $800 and got the bp for $350 and i'd say them 2 prolly run the same speed but then again i only spend $1150 on the 323 to make it run this quick...
                    Last edited by 1ofdfew323; 01-11-2004, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Sorry to bring this back from the dead... (not like anybody surfs "Racing Stories" anyways)

My '91 CRX SI ran a 16.2 stock, and a 15.3 with:
                      better tires
                      intake
                      side-pipe exhaust
                      removed passenger seat
                      removed AC (wasn't working anyways)
                      new shocks/springs

I haven't run it with the B18A1... it's probably in the mid 14's, i've put quite a bit of money into now... I don't even want to think about it

If I could sell the CRX for as much $$$ as i've put into it then I could swap a KLZE into the Protege and do a full suspension/brake job while i'm at it.
                      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

its cool and I do believ you ran 15.3. Like I said on the other post this Sunday he ran 15.4 with nothing but a 224,XXX miles on the block and rebuild the head stock w/ stripped interior thats all. But I still beat him tho. thats the end of the story.

Comment

Yeah, my 'rex has a leaky sun-roof so my rear-interior was pretty nasty... so I ripped it all out

I can't say that it took out a lot of weight but it makes it convenient for hauling around dirty wheels and junk, it's like a little pick-up
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

There's a kid at my school with a mint black CRX Si without rear interior, I always see it parked, and not driving around. Sweet looking car tho.
                            1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
                            Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
                            eDi 6500 Components
                            Arc Audio KAR 200.2
                            Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
                            eD 16ov2 IB
                            eDead
                            Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
                            cardomain

Comment

what the hell?!?!?!?
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Good kill. I have no problem believing it, although I'd have to agree with everyone else about sub-2000lbs. being a little generous

stock crx si = high 15's
                                stock dx = high 16's

When you factor in mods, the year of the cars, and the drivers, I think it could easily go either way. Let's not forget that both cars are over 10 years old now. Not all engines age gracefully, especially if driven hard. Consider that the pro has had recent engine upgrades and work, and it makes all the more sense. Not all cars are made equally either. Try reading a car review from 3-4 different online car sites (caranddriver, edmunds, etc). You'll find that the same model car usually has different performance numbers in each review

Comment

Working...
                                X