Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i post alot in here! this time it was a new SI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funkdaddy,

the '02 celica GT-S was indeed the worst year for that car. I had an '00. on the 00-'01 the rev limiter was @ 8300rpm. in '02 it was lowered to 7800 which is the start of redline. the lift comes on @ 6000 rpm though not 6500. sorry about the thread jack. I just wanted to make sure proper information would be here.

do I miss my Celi....NO, I love my MSP

Comment

Haha, thanks for the clarification. I can't remember all those numbers

My friend is getting rid of his Celica anyways, perhaps fueled by the ass-reaming from the Volvo Looked at a supra last week, but it was Auto.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
        Yea, he said they have 180, and I just said that he had 160hp at the the flywheel. I know that power is lost through the drivetrain. I wouldnt be suprised if the new si's were pushin somewhere like 145 at the wheels. I have a protege yes a 91. Yes I have mods, more now that what it says in my sig. Yes ive raced an SI, Ive probably drag raced alot more than many people on this website.
        Most of the time a real drag race will last alot longer than what you just explained. Unless your the type of racer that goes through 2nd gear, hits his flashers and goes on his way. Thats not a race.
        i spent almost every friday this summer at the track. i got a 1990 protege lx with no real engine work into the fifteens. yes, i can race, and the si doesnt start to pull until ~100+ mph. so go take ur hating ass and suck something

Comment

my gf has a 97 celica, 5 3/4k redline, WTF? shes so cute when she tries to race me. i just stay with her so she feels good. then she drives my car lol, she wontgo over 5000 cuz she thinks its gonna blow up. whats the redline on a new celica
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
            my gf has a 97 celica, 5 3/4k redline, WTF? shes so cute when she tries to race me. i just stay with her so she feels good. then she drives my car lol, she wontgo over 5000 cuz she thinks its gonna blow up. whats the redline on a new celica
            According to got boost the '00-'01 rev limiter was set to 8300, on '02 it's at 7800, and I _believe_ (what my friend had told me) that '03 is back up to 8300.

Apparently people were having trannies blow up on them or something, and they thought it had something to do with the rev limiter, so they lowered it for '02. Then apparently they fixed the problem (it wasn't the rev limiter), so for '03 (or maybe mid-'02) they set the rev limiter back up to 8300.

That's just what I heard.

Sorry to jack the thread!
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

u damn thread jacker. y arent u on AIM?

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                u damn thread jacker. y arent u on AIM?
                Because I'm "at work"
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

ahh "work"

Comment

the new si has a design that you have to keep looking at to like. It's almost like you would have to have balls of steel to purchase the car and then gradually let yourself get used to it.
                    Bruce
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

u mean like a svt focus...
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

focus svt

the focus svt is nice, imo. it's just that when i last looked at them way last year the dealer jacked the price up to 20,000. i'd take one of the si any day. it has a lot of goodies, compared to the bland si.
                        the si almost lookes kind of tasteful done up with rims and it being lowered. other than that they look boring.
                        late
                        Almost there

jdm tails... check
                        jdm bumper... check
                        ms lip... check
                        ms grill... check
                        ms sideskirts... check
                        ms rear skirts... check
                        ms spoiler... check
                        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

ass end of it looks like its getting ready to take it in the tailpipe
                          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

ass end of it looks like its getting ready to take it in the tailpipe
                            LMAO

Comment

the new eclipse is...

the newer eclipse's are pretty ugly too.lol, just messing around kidd-ex
                              late
                              Almost there

jdm tails... check
                              jdm bumper... check
                              ms lip... check
                              ms grill... check
                              ms sideskirts... check
                              ms rear skirts... check
                              ms spoiler... check
                              ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                              Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Re: i post alot in here! this time it was a new SI!

of course hes a rich kid with a new car he cant handle. CCCCCCCHHHHHHIIIIRRRRPPPPPPP, he burns out, as opposed to my chirp which was next to nothing. so i caught even with him for his mistake.
                                Umm, with a GOOD launch with a FWD car, you'll be spinning the tires through the majority of 1st gear. If you didn't, then YOU made the mistake, not him.
                                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                                X