turbo rx-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo rx-8

a friend of the family let me drive his Greddy turbo rx8 , all a can say is i wet my self atleast 3 times, and sh!tted my self 5, his car is amazing. It is a black 2004 6speed with a Greedy bolt on turbo kit, front mount intercooler, and full Greedy exhaust. it was running on 18psi, it has more work done 2 it besides the turbo kit. I took it 4 a spinn, litteraly, in 1st gear i gave it 2 much gas making a turn going up a steep hill and spun in the intersection . but after 10 mins of driving i got use 2 the clutch, which is an ACT 6 puck, it bites. I raced a 1990 SR20 powered 240 fastback, friend that i called up 2 race, we raced from a 20 roll, no traction 1st or 2nd, but when i got it in2 3rd, it spooled up and away i went. in the begining he pulled away by 2 cars, he had traction. but at 7000rpms boost spiked at 18psi,I pulled passed him as if he wasn't turbo , that car was amazing , some time after high skool i promise my self 2 buy an RX-8

What kind of power is that thing putting down? Since its a Greddy bolt on "kit" i assume 300-350 at the wheels? My friend has a FC (2nd gen RX7) pushing 400+ at the wheels and when he 1st bought it he could spin the tires in any gear just about! And now he is running even MORE power!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

i think it was around the 410hp at the hubs, i didn't get 2 see the dyno sheet, but he said it is the kit taken 2 antother level, he's had it ported, bigger throttle body, 720cc injectors, msd igniton with 2-step, and its all controlled with a Greddy E-Manage, its amazing, words can't describe it, but i want 1, more boost 2 come, t04 turbo is in garage waiting 2 b put on, and after that he wants 2 "slap on supra killin turbo" "the almighty t66", i told him 2 swap a 3rotor b4 he goes t66, i can't wait till that happens, but its his car and his money, but if I know him he'll blow the motor, then swap in a 3rotor, only if the wife lets him tho,lol
      Last edited by Mazda1320; 06-05-2007, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda1320 View Post
        but its his car and his money, but if I know him he'll blow the motor, then swap in a 3rotor, only if the wife lets him tho,lol
        If theres one thing i learned with women, its that if you just do it then you come out with said item + bitching versus just bitching and no said item if you decided to be dumb and asked 1st!
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

and I bet you have to rev it to the sky to get any power out of it...
          pistons all the way bro. The rotary just doesn't hit the spot in the torque department. Sounds like a cool car though.
          The handling of a Miata, stuffed into a Protege

Comment

Originally posted by autoxes View Post
            and I bet you have to rev it to the sky to get any power out of it...
            pistons all the way bro. The rotary just doesn't hit the spot in the torque department. Sounds like a cool car though.
            Yeah i guess it sucks and its slow. When my friend was making "only" 400ish at the wheels and peanuts of torque he beat a cobra with mods making over 500 at the wheels + tons more torque and his only competition lately has been muscle cars!
            Last edited by Tazman2; 06-12-2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X