Mini (1) GTR (0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
    He must have some work done with that motor too to beat you. Sounds like he might have nitrous because of that "deep growl" you heard all of a sudden. Sorry about the loss! We all win some and lose some though.
    The deep growl would have been the VTEC. Ever ride in a VTEC car, or like a Celica with VVTL-I? That's what it sounds like
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

I owned a VVTL-I Celi. @ 6k RPM the engine and exhaust notes went from mild and quiet to wild and not so quiet. it was a greqt car but the VERY narrow power band sucked

Comment

~~Points and laughs at adam~~

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
          I owned a VVTL-I Celi. @ 6k RPM the engine and exhaust notes went from mild and quiet to wild and not so quiet. it was a greqt car but the VERY narrow power band sucked
          hehehe, well at least you could rev to 8300 or whatever and not 7800! Damn '02s

Shoulda heard my friends hit lift with the kazuma exhaust... It was so ungodly loud.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

***UPDATE***

Fixd my intercooler pipe (again) and headed out in search of the Mini tonight. Managed to find him a little further down the same highway tonight. I catch up to him and flash my high beams at him. He slows down a little and I pull up next to him. He revs at me with a grin almost like he was sayin, "what, didn't learn the first time?" Well, little did he know that tonight I was running 14psi instead of 8psi like the other night. Well, we both drop it down to 50mph and punch it. This time I stayed even with him off the roll. We hit 3rd about the same time and I pull half a car ahead of him. I hit 4th just before him and keep going. By the time I got to 5th, I was 3 cars ahead. He caught up to me as I pulled into the same 7-11 I caught him at the other night and we started talking again. Turns out he's got a little mini that weighs about 1600lbs and has a 210hp J-spec GSR motor. Then he gave me a kinda pissed look and asked me how much boost I turned up the boost to keep up. You should have seen the look on his face when he found out that I only raised it 6 lbs!!!!! Just before he left, he told me that he wants to run me again in about a week to see once and for all who is faster.
            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
            MODS:
            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
            TO DO LIST:
            EDM/JDM rear bumper
            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
            Repaint car

Comment

Sweet! I knew you could take him with more boost.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

you know your gonna have to turn it up more right? hes gonna come packin some serious boost. mabye a little...your know... nitro persuasion would be in order?
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                  yeah that car is all bout power to weight, it prolly had the stock like 9 inch rims that weigh like 6 pounds also, lol like 4 big guys can pick it up and move it.
                  original Austin Minis had 10" wheels, not 9"
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Nice race! That mini (and your car for that matter) must be scary-quick! Watch out next week!
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Nice job dude! Way to not accept a defeat.
                      -Robert
                      '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

I got a phone call from a friend at a local performance shop. He was tellin me that the guy with the Mini came in and made an appointment to get work done. I asked what kind of work and he told me that the Mini owner ordered a Greddy turbo kit for hte GSR, VTEC controller, and a different valve train. Looks like my car is gonna be going into the shop in a day or so for some dyno tuning. Hopefully I'll be able to run that 25 psi I've been lookin at. (I did it once already and it scared the **** outta me so I turned it down). I'm kinda agreeing with Kiddx, I'm starting to think that a little N2O is in order.
                        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                        MODS:
                        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                        TO DO LIST:
                        EDM/JDM rear bumper
                        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                        Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
                          I got a phone call from a friend at a local performance shop. He was tellin me that the guy with the Mini came in and made an appointment to get work done. I asked what kind of work and he told me that the Mini owner ordered a Greddy turbo kit for hte GSR, VTEC controller, and a different valve train. Looks like my car is gonna be going into the shop in a day or so for some dyno tuning. Hopefully I'll be able to run that 25 psi I've been lookin at. (I did it once already and it scared the **** outta me so I turned it down). I'm kinda agreeing with Kiddx, I'm starting to think that a little N2O is in order.
                          HOLY FRIG! That thing is going to be a BEASSSSSST!!!! A freaking turbo GSR in a mini? That's seriously going to be like quicker than a viper! Oh man, i want video of this thing!

ALthough 25psi in your car wouldn't be real slow either! hahahaha... MAN what a good thread!
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                            original Austin Minis had 10" wheels, not 9"
                            yeah i didnt know so i just threw out some numbers, lol sorry for the mistake jesse, btw good luck wiht the mini, seems he's out to get you man.
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

25 psi is pushing it, Goodluck man

Comment

Man he really wants to beat you doesn't he!? 25 psi... good luck with that and be careful not to blow your engine! It's not worth doing that for one race. If you race him again make sure you get a video camera... we all want to see this!
                                -Robert
                                '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Working...
                                X