ORG RallyX #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ORG RallyX #3

So going into this event with the idea that I very well may not be driving the Honduh home was haunting me. But wasn't enough to make me not follow through.

The weather was nice and sunny, track was dry for the biggest share. I was kinda hoping for some rain, just to have more fun.

We got in 4 runs again this time. So the worst of the combined 4 runs is to be dropped. I don't have mny time sheet with me right now, so i'm just doing it from memory, and they haven't posted the official results just yet.

Pass 1: I was trying to be somewhat gentle with the car, but still push it. Was afraid it would blow up on me. I knicked a single cone!!!! And I knew it. there went my perfect season. lol. first cone in 4 events. My time ended up being like 1:53 i think, and with that cone turned a 1:55. I get back in grid, we start comparing times.. Dude, I'm still beating wrx's... and ****.. That's GREAT!

Pass 2: I knicked the same cone i think this time, and got frazzled after I took the wrong route through the slalom leaving me hanging at the end. I thought i completely missed the gate. Missed gates count at 10 full seconds... I tried to hit a cone instead of miss the gate, but I just wasn't able to. Shortly after, I slid around the 90* into hairpin and missed the entire hairpin, and drove right through it. At this point, i knew my time was royally screwed, so i just had fun the rest of the way. My Raw time was 1:47, with 4 cone penalties!!!!!! and NO gates! so it turned a 1:55. I was pleased. As i didn't just screw around till the very end, my time turned out no worse than my first. But showed if I clean it up, I'll have GREAT times.

Pass 3: I did this pass so perfect!!!! so i felt. My time turned out a 1:47!!!! But somewhere... somehow, i missed a gate!!! I don't get it, i felt great through the entire course. Watched vid, trying to see where I missed it, and just can't find it. :shrug: oh well, 1 more time. Btw, final score was 1:57

Pass 4: I learned from the first 2 passes, not to shift once. Left foot braking and toying with the clutch was a big thing on this course, and boy howdy did it help. I felt awesome this time through! I was taking the 90* SO well!!!! hairpin kills me though. I got my final time, IT WAS CLEAN!!! with a 1:48!!! I was stoked!!! totally cool.

Comparing my times to the other SF cars, if my runs were clean I'd very likely come away with at least 2nd place. Jessica in an EGT come a 1:44, and a 1:46, i think they were clean, but not sure.

Trophy time... I came away with 4th. That's ok. I felt confident that's the least i'd get comparing my penalized runs against every1 elses. But man, IF they were clean. :D I think the EGT got 2nd, a Tercel got 3rd, and Goose in his 3rd gen civic got 1st. Made more friends, with Goose and Jess this time, along with a kid in his first time out in his OZ Rally trim Lancer.

I got a ton of compliments and great comments. Overheard a bunch of people. 'wow, that guy in the civic is a good driver' those things are just cool to hear and boost your confidence. New nickname is '1 wheel neal'... Apparently i kept hoping up on a single wheel through a particular corner. Can't wait to see pics and vids people took!

And in the end, the Honduh gave me no problems AT ALL!!! and drove me home! HELL YEAH! this was one of the most fun events i've been too...

btw.. a lifted Jeep did roll over. Driver and occupant were ok. Jeep is smashed... :'(
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

k. in car video is up. still results haven't been posted. They said they'd be up that night.. lol. they usually take at least a week anyway. gr

Pass 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1yBshTihY
    Pass 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHaHaGgpEBE
    Pass 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwSeqH4rvG0
    Pass 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1R_lgtsphE
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

get outta my thread bi0tch!

Comment

Working...
      X