Anyone Raced a Zx2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XLerate93
    Man, I would probably tear up if I lost to a zx2.

lol, dont race one then, cause i have a 92 accord that gets its ass kicked by my protege.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i stayed dead nuts with a ZX2 if not gaining a little bit...inch by inch... it was a roling race from 35-40mph... the guy had no concept of how to generally line up even with a rolling run.
      BP's still rock
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
        lol, dont race one then, cause i have a 92 accord that gets its ass kicked by my protege.
        Haha I don't race my Accord at all. I just drive it. Not to **** the topic up but I had a Del Sol Si with a B20B motor, GSR tranny, bunch of bolt ons, 4k worth of suspension, etc. I hydro locked the motor because I took out the fenderwells and ruined all the clips that hold them in, I ordered them from honda and was picking them up the next day. It started pouring and the tires were shooting water at my CAI. Boom. I lost my job a couple weeks before this and had no money at all to put into the car. I pieced it out, sold everything, paid a bunch of bills, and bought the Accord. Technically I have a 99 GSR Integra also, which my girlfriend gave to me after buying her TSX, but I don't really fit in it so I am trying to sell it. I looked at a 97 Prelude yesterday. It fits me well, and is alot more fun to drive then my Accord. I'm out of the whole modding stage. I need to focus on my life and school and my future. I just don't like the ZX2. lol

Comment

i have sohc 93 dx and it was a close race he won by half car but i have full exhaust system
          and intake

Comment

well he is coming in tomorrow so I wont pussy out....its on....just have to do my best to beat his ass, he isn't a racer but wants to race em...thanks for the input from you guys, we shall pick up tomorrow after it......after discussing it with you guys I actually feel nervous....thanks....

DaPro
            Last edited by dapro; 06-10-2004, 05:10 PM.
            94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
            (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Don't be nervous, just race him.

Comment

Raced a friend with a ZX2 in my LX. We both had a passenger. He had 17" rims, and maybe and intake.

On the highway from about 40 we both went, and I started pulling on him the tinyest ammount at the 3rd-4th shift. Had maybe 3/4 car length on him.

Protege is bone stock. I think the rims slowed him down. He was always bragging about how quick it was... definately not
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

I have noticed a big difference switching from my steelies to my 14 LX alloys.....big take off difference, but its nice when cornering, it has widetrack tires on it....handles awesome...just need to finish the all disc swap, then struts....

DaPro
                  (DaPro)

Comment

LOL Your gonna lose, yeah you might beat him from 40 and up but his low end is going to tear you a new ass. Then he is going to laugh at you and your going to resort to a bottle of jack daniels and realize. "my car is slow" and youll trade it in on some real "street racing" horsepower like a stang or camaro.

this post is merely to make you more nervous, pay no attention to me, i just like riling people up...good luck and be careful, like i said those zx2';s drive like boats so if you can stay away from hit if yall hit a turn, and for christ's sake take it to a track. NO STREETRACING
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i've raced my friend in her zx2 many times lately, and believe me, she knows how to drive a stick. you can see my mods in my sig, her car is bone stock. she got a little head start off the line, but then i caught up and it was dead even. i think the zx2's are a very good match up for the 1g bp's. we race all the time, not always from a stop, but we are always pretty much even, but sometimes i manage to edge her out just a bit.
                      '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
                      18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

Comment

sorry for the late reply, we raced but he didn't beat me that bad, I pulled up on him in second and ran about the same, once in third I was almost even with him, then we ended it, got it on my camcorder so i will transfer it over here shortly...

DaPro
                        (DaPro)

Comment

So basically once you get the BP it'll be a kill then?

Comment

it wasnt ztec then.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I have a 92 Accord too, Man is that bitch slow. Anyways today I was takeing my fiancee home from work, so I could come back to work. But another 90-93 accord (intake maybe, exhaust, auto like mine, both of us have "17's but his are big bulky chromies Chingobling baby) pulls up next to me and starts revving at me. I just looked and laughed, then told my fiancee at least I know that mine is slow. It gave me a good laugh anyway.

Comment

what the hell does that have to do with racing a zx2?

Comment

Working...
                                X