what tires for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseSays
    Are you looking at different sizes with different speed ratings? Or the same exact sized tire with 2 different speed ratings as was the case with the 712s.
    Of the original tire manufacturers and their tire models that I listed, the following selections are identically sized and differ only in their speed ratings:

Yokohama Avid H4s/V4s
    205/60-16 V; H

Michelin Pilot: XGT
    225/60-16 Z; V; H
    225/55-16 Z; H
    225/50-16 Z; V; H
    225/45-17 Z; H
    235/45-17 Z; H
    245/45-17 Z; H

Bridgestone Potenza RE 92
    205/60-16 V; H
    205/55-16 V; H

Bridgestone Potenza RE 950
    205/55-16 V; H
    225/55-16 V; H
    225/50-16 V; H
    205/40-17 W; H
    215/45-17 W; H
    235/45-17 W; H

In the remainder of the tire manufacturers and their models that I listed, Dunlop Sport 5000 and Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position, the varying speed ratings are associated with a given tire size (typically, the wider the section width and the smaller the aspect ratio, the higher the speed rating) and no identically-sized tires of the same model have differing speed ratings.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Azenis vs. Ziex

I commute everyday 50 minutes to and from work.

I got Azenis and to and from work its tons of hills and valleys. I have had them for more than a month and got plenty of meat and besides for the price they are not that bad. Excellent grip on hot dry road, in between turns are amazing, nothing if compared side by side with the Ziex.

The good thing about Ziex is when it rains, being all season have better road control than Azenis which on wetty surfaces tend to slide a little.

The Ziex lasted me around 15,000 to 20,000 miles. Good road noise, also I got to state that for some reason the Ziex had better high speed grip than the Azenis.

IF your deal is more rally driving and most of the time is sunny and dry then go with the Azenis. Then again this is my own personal opinion and results.

Comment

Working...
      X