No announcement yet.

anyone with 17's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Well in that case you wana buy my 17"s , it really is the weight though, because my mpg is much worse both city and highway, plus the increased diameter actaully lowers the RPM due to a slight gearing change which should thereotically help gas mileage, unless it is incredibly substantial.
    I still laugh when I see idiots driving escalades with 20's or 24's or 26's with STOCK BRAKES. If Motor Trend or a similar mag were to do a test on what just adding those ghetto **** rims do to the car you'd be surprised. This is just a guess, but from what I've researched in the past, the stock braking of one of those SUV's would probably go from 70-0 in 165 feet to something like 250+ feet just b/c of those wheels. I wouldn't really be able to tell the diff in accel but it'd be affected quite significantly too.
    You gotta get some mean ol' brembo's like these... Brembo 14" GT Rotors with 4p calipers, it stops good mmmkay.
    Attached Files

Comment

well yea, u can have "lighter" 17's but its still going to weigh more than a 15 or 16" setup. only real benefit for our car is looks, but even then I think 17's and especially 18's look ridiculous & retarded on a 1st gen. 16's are IMO best for looks, and most 15's w/lowering look great too.

Here is my pro with 17's:

93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

That's true, most of the 17" rims I've seen on proteges look too big-IMO

But you can't tell me these wouldn't look good.
        Attached Files
        1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
        Plus new
        1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
          Ya i didn't mean to insult anyone or anything, but I finally came to my senses after years of thinkin 17 or 18's were "bling lookin y0!"
          WERRD

GRO is acutally LEARNING SOMETHING!!
          Maroon 1995 Probe SE
          Beige 1994 Protege DX
          Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
          X