My new wheel/tire combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RALLYBP_94
    I wanna see your car in person.. Skokie is not that far from wher I live.. I live in Elmwood Park thats by Harlem Ave. & Grand Ave. (If you're familiar with Chicago streets)
    You're not that far from me at all. I'll be more than happy to meet up with another 1st gen owner, but the car will be torn apart very soon as I am getting ready for a GTX motor swap so it will be out of comission for a while. We are in the process of organizing a Protege meet sometime during spring so if you're interested we can meet up then. Keep checking the Upper Midwest section for updates on that. Not that many 1st gen enthusiasts around the Chicago area........that sucks
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
      You're not that far from me at all. I'll be more than happy to meet up with another 1st gen owner, but the car will be torn apart very soon as I am getting ready for a GTX motor swap so it will be out of comission for a while. We are in the process of organizing a Protege meet sometime during spring so if you're interested we can meet up then. Keep checking the Upper Midwest section for updates on that. Not that many 1st gen enthusiasts around the Chicago area........that sucks

Cool! By the time spring comes I'll probably have an LX 5spd, as I stated in my recent thread Im selling my Pro.
      Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
      you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
        I like your new wheels even better.
        Thanks. It seems that everyone likes the new wheels better but I find that odd because I always thought that the white ones made the car look VERY clean, which I like of course.
        '91 LX

well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

the white ones dont really match anything on the car but the others do... and i like gunmetal

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
            the white ones dont really match anything on the car but the others do... and i like gunmetal
            Well, you can't tell by the pictures but the white wheels match the sidemarkers, wipers, mesh grill, small stickers on windows and a bunch of others things plus I've always liked blue cars with white wheels. Fortunately or not, I am starting to like gunmetal wheels also.
            '91 LX

Comment

The Gunmetals do compliment the car... but The white ones are legit also... depends on you preference.... Cant wait to put my wheels on...
              1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
              1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
              2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
              2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

honestly, i think the difference between the white rims and the fighters is clean vs dirty . and what i mean by dirty is the car looks dirty.. it'd be like looking at the car with just stealies on if you were say 200 yards away from it. i'm not a fan of gun metal rims.. i'm also not a fan of our door moldings.. just with everything combined, my opinion it makes the car look dated and beat. i'm sorry, i just love playing devil's advocate :p:
                peace

Comment

Def keep them, And clean your car.

Comment

man ya got a winner any way ya go cuz i cant fuggin decide which set i like better. Let me just say, each set gives your car a totally different look.
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                    X