spring is here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring is here..

Its that time of the year again .. let's see what you are going to run this spring/summer .. post pictures..

I'm in florida so I don't need winter tires but that just means I get more road time on summer tires! haha In october I put on some 205/40/R17 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's on and I've loved them. I drove my car hard though the mountains and I was very impressed with the grip they offered. Straight line traction isn't the best but I don't think I'll find a tire that will give me good straight line traction other than slicks.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I'll be running the red and black ones lol
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

ive got a set of 4 general g-max 195/50/16 all-season tires coming in today.

they are a warranty replacement for 4 falken ziex-512 195/50/16 tires. the falkens lasted a sad 13,800 miles when they have a 30,000 mile warranty. the same falkens at 215/40/17 size lasted almost the full 30,000 miles and i was driving much more aggressive back when i had my 17" wheels.

will give a review of the general g-max tires (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...%2FPerformance) when i get a chance to break them in. they promise a 40,000 mile warranty which i hope will last me for a couple of years.

update: the g-max tires have a couple hundred miles on them and they are super quiet! a little skiddish in the rear but its hard to place blame at the moment as i have existing clunking as i brake/accelerate which are yet to be diagnosed. no wet driving yet.

i have bfgoodrich g-force sport tires at 215/45/17....they were sold to me incorrectly as an all-season tire when in fact i learned they are a summer tire. i only had them for 100 miles but the road noise was loud and the ride was noticably harsh. due to the fact my 17" are damaged and need an expensive repair i have a set of 4 lying around unused. still debating on fixing the old/buying new wheels but if anybody is interested in the tires...i might gauge interest in the for sale section.
        Last edited by meGrimlock; 04-11-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

My current summer setup:
          Yokohama S. drive 205/45-16 UHP summer only tires
          5Zigen 16 x 7" wheels

Click image for larger version

Name:	i4281.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1231074

Happy Motoring!
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I really liked my Sdrives. Best wet braking performance I'ver seen yet, and awful close to Rcompound grip in the dry. But they sure didn't last long. I hate to go with an even higher treadwear rating but I may have to...
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Working...
            X