Has anyone painted there Lx wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BPower
    Here is a picture of my steelies painted black.
    The only reason i did this was to cover up all the rust, It took several hours of wire brushing just to get them to look this good (note the bumpy edge around the right side)

but if you have stock alloys i wouldn't recommend it, Unless you polished them and sprayed ONLY clear coat

I have done alloys for several people. The most popular option is to polish them then add a polyester high gloss clear coat. They look super and dirt just falls off of them. www.performanceplating.com
    You say PO-TAY-TOE.......I say **** you!

Comment

I sanded my LX rims down, and got them nice, smooth, and cleaned up. Then I sprayed 3 coats of flat black on them, and 2 coats of clear coat. They look really good, and you can't tell they are painted unless you get really close and inspect them. Hopefully ill get some money soon so I can get some real nice rims.
      Eat ****.

Comment

Again... why paint your wheels black? I guess its a preference issue.... or maybe for principle? Is it a fad? Is it to mimic aftermarket wheels? They are OEM wheels man...

Personally, I agree with what BPower and all them said... If their stock alloys.. just recondition them to their natural color and clear coat... Black = Boooooo

MeeN
        1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
        1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
        2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
        2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
        X