Clear All

huh?

all the important tires are...

Azenis, KD, S-03, MX....etc
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
      You know he drives his car every day... How long would the tires last ?

umm, they're a street tire with a treadwear of 200...

about the same as any OTHER max performance street tire.
      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

you were talking about the heliums saying 6.5" isn't wide enough, you go much wider and you get into offset territory, do you really need anything wider than 205 or 215?

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
          you were talking about the heliums saying 6.5" isn't wide enough, you go much wider and you get into offset territory, do you really need anything wider than 205 or 215?
          I had 16x7 and never had a problem .
          he is saying that a 15x6.5 is not an ideal width rim. A 15x7 would be more ideal rim for a 205/50 tire and would give better car handleing.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

it's half an inch, you can mount the same tire. If memory serves, 6.5" width is rated up to 225 tires. I know that 7" fits without rubbing and thats what I meant when I said "if you go much wider" I didn't mean 6.5" is the absolute widest. Also, another thing to consider is the weight penalty, the heliums are extremely lightweight, obviously the SSR's are lighter, but also more expensive, to me, an extra 0.5" isn't worth the weight/cost difference

Comment

No but his emphasis is on handling(is this the right damn spelling).
              I think you get better turn in or stability or something like that with the extra half inch. Jesse will post about it soon, I know I saw him post it before, but god knows where in the dungeon that is.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I dunno, I have a hard time believing that the half inch is worth the weight, anyone have skidpad data? That would be the most convlusive. It's a compromise, if it's a straight drag, then I really don't think it makes a difference. In an autocross situation, you might lose a few tenths in some corners because of the size, but probably gain a few back in acceleration.

BTW handling is spelled right

Comment

a half inch is a big deal, and for drag purposes. the flatter you can get the contact patch on the road, the better it's going to hookup.

there are a lot of 15 x 7s in the 12-13 lb range that are cheap. Kosei K1s for instance...had them on my car.

You can mount a 225 on a 5" wheel, and you can mount it on a 9" wide wheel. There's a MAJOR performance difference between the 2. The one on the 9" wheel will handle better, and launch better.

Look at real drag wheels....they're small, light, and WIDE.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                  X