October 2004 RotM - MazdaRacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marc93lx
    Me too. Back on the old site when the evo bumper picture was on the main page, hehe.
    Yup yup....I remember those days as well. Darryl's how-to's sure did help me with installing a lot of parts on my car. I think the ZX2's sturt install page was visited by over a million people
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
      Yup yup....I remember those days as well. Darryl's how-to's sure did help me with installing a lot of parts on my car. I think the ZX2's sturt install page was visited by over a million people
      LOL! I know dude, I was like wtf is a ZX2? I already had my sprints installed on the oem struts and was like, I'll get those ZX2 thingys next. I finally bought/installed them like 2 months ago...rofl! Those how-to's helped me out plenty!
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

OMG, really... the first car you saw... wow!!!

Ya, that ZX2 page and the RX7 page were by far the most popular ones

thanks guys, i'm all warm and fuzzy inside now... oh wait or was that those beers i just chugged....lol

Comment

I think the beer is to blame man. Want proof?

Classic Darryl beer quotes:

"it was a very easy fix. Took me about 1.5hrs from start to finish and i had time for a few beers "

"welcome! make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes, put your feet up and grab a beer from the fridge. "

"it's been awhile, but i don't recall having all that much trouble changing mine...it's not a "do it with eyes closed" kinda job, tricky, but not all that much of a bitch...or maybe i drowned my sorrows away in beer immediately following getting the job completed and have a permanent mental block about it now... "

"BTW, sex and beer are gimmie's. they are lifestyles not sports you should be doing that anyway"

"OK, so it's a coleman cooler packed with ice, shoved in the corner under the bench...but hey, cold beer is cold beer "

"but we can feel free to chug "

He was even able to make use of empty beer bottles

"1a. get a clear bottle, preferably with a screw on top. Then drill a hole in the top for the rubber tube to fit inside. (the real shadetree way is to use a green or clear beer bottle and jamb a paper towel in the top to hold the tube ) Fill the bottle with NEW fluid so that the rubber tube is sufficiently submerged in the fluid."

'91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
            I think the beer is to blame man. Want proof?

Classic Darryl beer quotes:

"it was a very easy fix. Took me about 1.5hrs from start to finish and i had time for a few beers "

"welcome! make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes, put your feet up and grab a beer from the fridge. "

"it's been awhile, but i don't recall having all that much trouble changing mine...it's not a "do it with eyes closed" kinda job, tricky, but not all that much of a bitch...or maybe i drowned my sorrows away in beer immediately following getting the job completed and have a permanent mental block about it now... "

"BTW, sex and beer are gimmie's. they are lifestyles not sports you should be doing that anyway"

"OK, so it's a coleman cooler packed with ice, shoved in the corner under the bench...but hey, cold beer is cold beer "

"but we can feel free to chug "

He was even able to make use of empty beer bottles

"1a. get a clear bottle, preferably with a screw on top. Then drill a hole in the top for the rubber tube to fit inside. (the real shadetree way is to use a green or clear beer bottle and jamb a paper towel in the top to hold the tube ) Fill the bottle with NEW fluid so that the rubber tube is sufficiently submerged in the fluid."

hahaha
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahha, that was great!!!

yup, me likes me beer!!

Comment

LOL, I remember reading a almost all of those at some point in time.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Congratulations Darryl. You car was one of the first protege's i found on the net along with Gro Harlem's when I discovered I wasn't the only guy building a protege.. Good job!!

Comment

congrats

Looking for a Protege... preferably a first gen, cheap, in Winnipeg, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X