I'm new here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lex View Post
    Well you do pay quite a bit for these import cars - especially since parts are expensive and have to also be imported. Skylines are on the buy and sell here all the time.

Nice GTR BTW

theres 2 skylines here in buffalo owned by a performance shop this is just the one i know of http://hybridconnection.com/customer.php?id=8 im sure if you can legalize a skyline gtr you can get a 323 gtr into the us

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
      theres 2 skylines here in buffalo owned by a performance shop this is just the one i know of http://hybridconnection.com/customer.php?id=8 im sure if you can legalize a skyline gtr you can get a 323 gtr into the us
      There were 3 Skylines in St. Louis, R32, R33, and R34...the 4 is owned by a performance shop, the 3 was privately owned but sold, and the 2 is still owned privately and the guy drives it like a madman and does drift-events with it.

It shouldn't be hard at all to get a 323 GT-R over here...it would just have to get regular US 323 VIN plates and no one would question it. It's a bit harder to get, say, a Eunos Cosmo, legal. Someday...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

! thing I know for sure....

The 323 GT-R as no reinforment into the bumpers...
        Here in Canada they don't question crash test...but I was told that in th US they have to crash a few and make sure its safe to drive before it imported...for daily use...

For sure if you want to driff or race with those cars..no problem it won't hit the road

Comment

Originally posted by 323 GT-R View Post
          ! thing I know for sure....

The 323 GT-R as no reinforment into the bumpers...
          Here in Canada they don't question crash test...but I was told that in th US they have to crash a few and make sure its safe to drive before it imported...for daily use...

For sure if you want to driff or race with those cars..no problem it won't hit the road
          Yes, this is true. To import a car in the US you have to have a couple of them crash-tested, or the car has to be virtually the same as a US car and would have to be brought up to DOT and EPA specification.

The crash-testing alone rules out just about everyone.

Here's a list of cars that are allowed to be imported to the US:
          Last edited by MazKid; 10-26-2007, 10:25 PM.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
          X