No announcement yet.

New, and i need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that would be fun, i will talk to some of my friends see if they wanna help me out. wich im sure they wont have a problem with. thanks for the help guys

Comment

Hello Braxton....

Welcome to CP!!

I must agree with Turpro and others that say, use this vehicle as your daily driver, and find a 1st gen to play with.

Best of luck and view the threads here often, there is much infromation and many compitant moderators, owner, as well as experienced BG?1st gen owners.

Again welcome!

David
      Ky

Originally posted by BBProtege View Post
      Ok so here is the deal, me and some of my friends are trying to find a decent place to order parts for my 98 Mazda Protege. We have already done previous mod-ing to a 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2nd gen Mazda RX7, Nissan 350Z, and my buddys CRX. So we have an idea of what we are doing.
      I just bought this car and was going to use it as a car to fix up, but now its my daily driver and i just sold my 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse so that i can affort to fix this car up. If you could please direct me to a good place to buy parts and if you have any suggestions on spacific parts for this year of Protege please tell me, im all ears. Thanks guys.
      David
      sigpic Ky

Comment

so me and my friend have looked around and, looking at the engine bay we are going to put an engine from a Probe GT and a new transmission in the car here in a couple months.

Comment

i think the KF is a direct bolt in not the KL
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
            i think the KF is a direct bolt in not the KL
            k i will check it out, and see what im going to have to do

Comment

Klze powered 2nd gen would make a sweet daily driver If you do swap motors do post a how to with all info that you can give. This may be what I need to make myself accually buy a 2nd gen.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I'm with Turpro in that regard.
                I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

i will guys, i have talked to a couple of my friends and we found a motor in a Probe GT out in a salvage yard, and imagine that haha its transmission is out...lol i am probably going to have to swap the transmission. cause the protege is a four bolt i believe and the V6 in the GT is a five or six bolt. i am liking this idea alot and im really glad someone mentioned it. i have already looked up alot of parts im going to be ordering if the V6 ends up working out. give me a month to come up with some more money and i will have it all posted

Comment

Do it up
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                    X