New Member/new Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member/new Car

Inherited Dead 94 Dx,no Start Whats The Quickest Way To Tell Diff Between Single Sohc Or Dohc Without Out Pulling V.c.local Dealer Not Much Help

SOHC

and i THINK (probably very wrong here) the DX came with an SOHC I'm only familiar with the LX
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

DX means sohc
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

This is a dohc motor. If your valve cover looks nothing like this then you have a sohc

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks for the assitance,gotta get this thing runnin befor the bellyachen starts

Comment

No Start

Came up with a haynes manual(good enough to get you into trouble)fuses are all good=checked at least twice,replace cap and rotor,just for the heck of it,ohm out coil=ok,NO SPARK.Have 3 wires going to dist,one with bat voltage,one with 5v and if i run jumper wires from them to dist i get approx 9.5v coming out of dist,never changes during cranking and it keeps setting some kind of dist code,any suggestions.Thanks to you guys i did decide it is a sohc.

Comment

bad distributer ... swap it out they fail quite often

Comment

Appreciate the input,Ill keep you posted

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
                  bad distributer ... swap it out they fail quite often
                  Yep. That's the only time mine ever left me stranded.
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks for the assitance,installed new dist,runs and sounds like a fine european sports car except better.You guys saved me some headaches and i do appreciate it.First metric auto in this driveway,might start thinking of some modifications.Once again THANKS.

Comment

glad to see you fixed the problem.

Comment

Good to hear
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                        X