So a little background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a little background

10 years ago i brought my 1st mazda. 1.3l carby BD. little silver lasted a couple years before the entire brake system needed replacing. so after those few short years of service it was scrapped and i was onto the next Mazda.

a friendly little 90' BG Black GTX - completely stock standard and my first turbo car. I was hooked especially after my first track day. Unfortunately when i found out there was another mazda ( aka the GTR ) that had more power and still handles like the little pocket rocket, i started saving that day.

i brought my 1st GTR in 2004? many track days, and good times were had in a little white GTR. until the gearbox decided to have a pin fall out of the sun gear in the diff. So i thought i'd get the box strengthened (5th gear plate, welded pins so it can't fall out again hehe.. diff carrier was machined to allow some different needle type bearings to be used and allow me to trash it more. worked a treat and was great but still couldn't launch and i always had something in the back of my mind that made me worry about the gearbox. All of this was irrelevant when on one night when driving home from the girlfriends i was on the motorway only a couple of Km's away from home, two cars racing each other go screaming past and the drizzly night causes one with bald tyres to go spinning into the barrier right in front of me. I manage to brake and stop in time - the people in the car jump out and run off into the night leaving their car sideways on a blind corner on the motorway. So i stop a wee way back in the same lane, pop the hazard lights on and call the cops. I'm outta the car giving them the details when once its all sorted, the traffic is all nicely merging into 1 lane they tell me to jump back into my car. 20 seconds later some muppet comes screaming up the outside of all the traffic and ploughs into me and my car - being that i wasn't strapped in or anything i get a little owned but then some gimp who was following the first guy managed to miss the first car and directly plough into me too.. alas there is the end of my first GTR. Completely written off as you can imagine, I brought back the shell of the car, stripped and horded the parts.

2 years later after going back to a daily driver situation i find the next GTR. It was a old ex club car over in japan.. a little Jap Racer so it was instantly named Jr - This one is over in the work log where i'll start writing stuff there too.

last year i got the opportunity to purchase a GTR shell that was imported more recently that the previous idiot owner semi stripped and just took all the good bits but seeing as i had a shed full of GTR parts i thought could bring it back to its former glory.. again i'll pop this current one into the worklog as Maddy ( All cars should be named right? :D )

so thats about all i can be bothered writing at this stage. Nice to meet you all

Oh sorry ps.. From New Zealand
    Last edited by steve; 04-21-2009, 04:28 AM. Reason: forgot to mention where i'm from :)

Welcome, great to have you aboard!

Comment

welcome
      ]

Comment

Working...
      X