Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presenting a 323f BA from Ph3n1x (pics!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presenting a 323f BA from Ph3n1x (pics!!)

Well, since i ve just registered here, i think it is time to show my car on cp.
    It is my understanding that the BA never came out in the US.
    For those who do not know about this type, well have a look at her.

The one i am currently driving is my 5th car in 4 years.
    The first one was a red 1.5 with only 90hp. After some 5 months or so i was bored with her perfomance and got a look around. My interest was on the car above. My first 1.8 with 115hp. When i returned home for a hockey game i was rear ended by some lady who was driving a 1st model VW polo. There went my first 1.8

I have fallen in love with this type of car, so i went on a quest for another one. It had to be a 1.8 and relatively low mileage.
    So i found another one. only 124k km (not even 80k miles). She was a noble green 2 one. I love that colour.
    The engine alas was fried. She used 5l of oil on 1k km. Switched back the the enigne of the previous car. Since it was a 1.8 too, the mot station didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
    This car was good looking and in a good state. After i ve changed the tyres to some better ones i had the need for speed. But speed is nothing without control, so i ve started to upgrade the car.
    First thing that happend was a strutbrace. After that came the intake mod.

Via a mechanic that works in my local mazda garage i found the shop of jereontje.nl. Around that time i also had pulled some camshafts for the other engine and brought them away to Catcams.be.
    The order from jereontje and the cams returned on the same day.

This resulted in the revised airintake and the new brakerotors and pads that were fitted.

Last edited by ph3n1x; 04-21-2009, 09:09 AM.

After these were installed, the lowering came too. I had the car lowered on H&R springs. It was only a 40mm drop, but the handling had improved.
    That was all i needed.
    The next thing i did was an order with importperformanceparts.net.
    It was quite an order and took 6 weeks to be delivered.

Next thing was to start the works on the engine that used too much oil.

Unfortunately luck was not on my side. A friend blew his engine, we searched for another civic. We went to make a down payment on the car and on the way back home i received another crash. This time it was a VW jetta that didn't stop for a red light! Bye bye second 1.8.

This is how she looked a couple of days later.

So, again i had to search for another 323f BA with the BP engine. I found another sparkle green one. She neede a lot of work, but i had it all transferred. The lowering, the rims and tyres, the brace and the intake.
    Dont have any decent pics of this car, but somehow i dont think that it matters that much.
    Well, since i had a car again, i started on some work for the new engine.

and then this

On april 1 i got of the road. Well not really me, it was my girlfriend who i ve started to teach how to drive. She got of the road and hit a coulpe of trees.

Comment

Yet again I looked for another car. And again it would be the 323f Ba with the BP engine. The head mechanic of the mazda garage called me someday and asked if i was still looking for a 323f. To my surprise he had one for me.
      She only had 117k km and a few nicks. So that is the car i am currently am driving for nearly 2 years now. knock on wood.

After reading some more on how to tune your engine and the policies on the mot stations, i ve decided to order some more parts from ipp.

After this i started to work on the head.
      Just a simple port and polish.

I also had my crankshaft recut and balanced with the pulley and the flywheel attached.

The i finally could start on the rebuild itself. Although it wasn't me who did all the work.

Comment

That was that for now
        HAve fun reading

Comment

um............wow

welcome.

Comment

wow! I want a 323f now... I would proudly rock that 4 door!
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Welcome to cp. You have a dedication to those 323s. Nice work. Any info on those cat cams?
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Holy snap. Way to not give up man! Hit a "couple trees" lol. Hope everyone was ok. Awesome work. Must of cost a crapload rebuilding these cars. Whats ipp?

Comment

ipp is the webshop as i see it, located on www.importperformanceparts.net

The cams are a set of 264degree and 11mm lift against the normal 220degree or so and 8mm lift.
                  They still need to be installed in the engine.
                  The stock ecu is having a hard time as it is already, adding those cams to it is a sure thing on not getting her to fire as she should.
                  The rebuild of the engine was a one timer, she got installed only last febuari. Only the lowering, brakes, shortshifter and stuff like that i swaped over from one car to the next.

Next thing i need to figure out is the ecu. I do need a reprogrammable one.

Comment

wow and wow.. What compression are those pistons? I think your next mod should be rubber tubes tied around your car so other cars, trees bounce off...
                    ]

Comment

welcome! i must say you are very,very persistant! but more power to ya!!

good luck with this one,seems like it will be your nicest one yet

Comment

those are 10.5-1.

Comment

Damn bro there wont b many more of those around for long!!! lol. I like those 323s, i want one!

Comment

welcome and damn nice work on em all to bad you lost so many to stupid drivers
                            Check out the Pics
                            sigpic
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
                            Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

Nice build! What are you using for the intake manifold?

Comment

Working...
                              X