im New But Need Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im New But Need Ideas

Hi you doing everybody im 16 and i just bought a Mazda Protege. And i wanna add some Modz to it to make it look Nice and Fast. i have a Few Ideas to it but i dont know anything about Modding the Car this is ma first car and i want to go all out with it So if you guys Have any ideas or refences Please contact me

Facepalm
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      Facepalm
      x2

Ok here is what you do, write me a check for 10,000 dollars. Send me your car. Give me a couple weeks.

Or you could write a check for 10,000 dollars bring it to a local performance shop, not see your car again for a few months if your lucky.

Or just dont touch your car, and read up on here, and learn that body kits are gay, and having a clean stock looking car will get you laid.
      sigpic

Comment

question 1: do you want to look nice and fast? OR be nice and fast?
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
          question 1: do you want to look rice and fast? OR be nice and fast?
          Fixed lol.

And fk that 10,000 bux. Send me 4000 and I'll sign over the clean and clear title from my car over to you . Looks clean.....is fast.....and with just an intercooler showing others will know you're a badass
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Forget those guys... They don't realise what state of mind you're in right now, because they're long past that stage of their lives and don't remember it...

First off, don't forget those guys, listen to what they say... Read through these forums for months if you have to. There's plenty of info & ideas here, you just gotta find them. Good place to start is the worklogs. (Not my worklog though, nothing special in there... Yet)

Now, if you want it to be fast. There's several engines that bolt right in/need very few mods to fit. Most common are the BP, BPT/D, KLDE, and KLZE. All of those are great fun stock, since the car is light as hell. But if you're just stating with this type of stuff, I'd suggest the BPT, there's more info on that than anything else (so far as I know). (might be as much info for the BP, but I'm not a fan of N/A)

As for looks. They're wrong. Body kits CAN be cool, IF you do it right. But with these cars, that's a PITA, so again, listen to them, they're right. Keep it looking stock, it's your best bet. Feel free to change the rims though, pretty much anything suits these (no bigger than 17" though, because the tires will rub for sure, even at 17" they're rather likely to rub).

Also, going 'all out' with a car is always fun... But at your age, don't even think about it. It'll just empty your wallet, and **** up your life. Just keep it simple. You can easily build 300hp in these without going 'all out'. BPT + GT28RS + a good tune + non-restrictive exhaust = 250whp minimum. And that's only about 5-7 grand (depeding if you do your own work).

Apart from that. Welcome to CP.

Oh, and one more thing... Apart from this post that's ment to set you on the tuner path, and not the ricer path... Don't listen to me. I barely know jack about fixing cars. But I've got my bro to teach me, so it won't be long befor I have just as good a car as the rest of these guys. (except dan, his boosted KLZE is the god of this forum[in my opinion anyway] )

Comment

Great info......but you forgot 1 thing....what year protege did he get? Lol. You're telling him to do this and that without knowing what car he has. That's why I did a facepalm

Alsowelcome to cp. Grow thick skin and roll with us. We can be your best friends or tear your thin skin up lol
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

I agree with them above. Like you, I am new to CP. I have done a little timkering with cars in the past but nothing like I am doing now. I have learned much from CP and continue to learn new things on a daily basis. Lets put it this way. When it comes to CP; If you think of it, someone else has probly done it within reason and posted something about it in a thread. If not; I am sure there is someone who is willing to point you in the right direction. Be sure to use the search. This place is a gold mine for information. Oh, and also welcome!!!

95 Protege ES

Comment

Google MP5T..

Nice, No Options, Very Fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    Great info......but you forgot 1 thing....what year protege did he get? Lol. You're telling him to do this and that without knowing what car he has. That's why I did a facepalm

Alsowelcome to cp. Grow thick skin and roll with us. We can be your best friends or tear your thin skin up lol
                    I assumed he had a BG chassis... His age doesn't suggest much more...

In any case, that's why I told him not to listen to me

Comment

like to say 1 thing

i would liketo say thanx u to everybody for giving me all these special ideas to hook up my car. and all of these welcome to CP. Also i have a 1991 Mazda Protege So if u guys have more suggestions or Engine types or Body kits or anything just let me know so i can hook up my car Thnk you also i was curious if any in the CP lived near New York , Long Island so the could Help me go place and show me the hook up Spot and stuff like that so if u do hit me back up with some postings

Sincerley
                      Shawns
                      Last edited by Shawn16; 08-12-2009, 11:11 AM.

Comment

HA! In your mod powered face Turpro! I knew it was a BG chassis!

And shawn, listen to us: NO BODY KITS! They just uglify these cars... If you REALY wanna make it look better, take the front bumper off a 323GTX/R or an EGT, those should fit with minimal effort. Could probly take the side skirts too (though I'm not sure if those are interchangeable or not). Then it LOOKS like it's got a kit, when it's just a simple & cheap swap. Not to mention, those bumpers should allow for better airflow for a FMIC...

Comment

For a "body kit" that looks good, get egt sideskirts, and either a gtx or gtr front bumper.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Euphoria View Post
                            HA! In your mod powered face Turpro! I knew it was a BG chassis!
                            don't make me do it

Plus guessing isn't knowing. Would you want to "guess" that that whore had aids or would you rather "know"? Lol
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

LOL^ at teh aids.
                              wait. That's no laughing matter....

Shawn swap a RB26DETT into it those are easy to find just go to your local junkyard and ask em to hook a brotha up

LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X