No announcement yet.

New from South Africa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jip 130=1.3l and 160= usually fuel injected 1.6l we also had a carb version for some time. We never got the GTX here and also not the 3door. Only 4 door, 5 door and bakkie(Afrikaans for pick up ) The pick ups never got the 2.0 16valve fe3 though.
    The 323 cars all don't have front anti roll bars except for the 2.0 versions and maybe some 1.6i's. So I am looking for one for my car haha. It's strange that they didn't just bring the B6T here instead of modifying the fe3 from the 626 to fit into the 323. Until I came over this forum I never knew there was a B6T haha. But there are really a lot of 323's and pick ups running around here in S.A.
    Can someone tell me what gearbox the 323 GT had over there? Was it the standard F series? Mine has the F series gearbox and I am wondering if the B6T flywheel will fit in it. But I think I'll have to swap the flywheel from the 1.3 to the B6T when I do my conversion someday.
    Current:Mazda 323L 1988: http://www.mazdaownersclub.co.za/vie...hp?f=35&t=4928
    ZOOM-ZOOM, FOREVER.

Comment

That looks like a museum piece. Very nice.

Welcome to CP
      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Thanks! After many happy KM's it decided to die on me today I suspect the coil went, as I suddenly noticed the revcounter showed 0 while driving in fourth gear. Put foot on the gas and nothing happened. It went home on the back of a truck So tomorrow I have some work to do on the car...
        Current:Mazda 323L 1988: http://www.mazdaownersclub.co.za/vie...hp?f=35&t=4928
        ZOOM-ZOOM, FOREVER.

Comment

No it's a G series. Sorry to hear about your ignition problem. Hopefully you can fix it quickly and cheaply.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Nice BF, Chris! Welcome!
            Fix it quickly and have fun! )
            sigpic
            1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

Working...
            X