New Protege Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Protege Owner

Back in January my 3rd gen Protege was rear ended and written off. Some pics of her in her glory days:

The damage:

As she sits now waiting for the garage space to attempt repairs:

So, in the mean time I went through a couple replacements and now have finally settled on a 91 DX Protege originally from BC. It definitely needs some work but I think I'm game to do it. Best pic I have so far:

clean cars bud did u switch the rims from the car that got rear ended to the 1st gen protege ??? it looks like the same rims but still looks like a clean 1st gen bud

ps welcome to cp

Comment

Yup, they were a rather conservative fit on the 3rd gen (16x7 +42 with 205/45s) but they seem more aggressive on the BG, it looks like I'll need a roll once I drop it. Speaking of which what are some good aftermarket sites for the first gens? Corksport and Protege Garage used to be my go tos but their suspension options are rather limited for first gens.

Comment

Hey every1! Im new to the forum as well as having a protege. Ive been doin some homework and it took me a while but ive decided on a kl swap!

Comment

Nevermind on the last post! I haven't seen you around yet! It does look very clean!

Comment

Welcome. What work does the BG need?
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

The biggest thing is its got some rust in the drivers side strut tower that needs to be cut out and re-welded. Other than that not much. I'll copy and paste my build thread over to here when I'm not feeling so lazy and link it.

I really need to get myself a tach though. Anyone know where the revlimiter is? I hit like 90kmh in second today, I know I've got slightly over sized tires but it still seemed a bit high to me. Also,can I get away with 2 or 3mm spacers in the back without extended lugs? My tires have a wheel guard thing that sticks out past the lip and its super close to the strut.

Oh, and just for fun here is a real pic of it:

Comment

those are enkei's right? what wheel are they?
                -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                VF10 powered!
                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Oh **** I bought them used and I did figure it out one day but its not coming to me right now...

EDIT: Just thought of it, pretty sure they're or-52
                  Last edited by Scorch3; 08-14-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Build thread with details has been made:

Comment

krylon fusion paint to the bumpers will seriously improve the look of the car.
                      your car reminds me of an old member's definitely following along!!
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

BP SOHC rev limit is somewhere around 6k I think.
                        1990 Protege 4WD
                        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                          X