New member seeks info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member seeks info

Hi I'm new here - I'd say my name is Ed and I'm from Iowa but that would be redundant. I've just picked up a 93 Protege LX auto, 140k on it. I've done some searching and found some answers - still looking for a bit more info.

Planning on dropping the trans pan and putting in new fluid and filter. Don't know if I really need to but thought I would. The fluid in there right now is brown but smells fine. I wanted to know if anyone could give me the torque specs for the bolts on the pan, and any bolts that have to be loosened on the cross-member? (which hopefully just needs to be loosened and not completely removed?)

How much am I going to need to refill - about 4 qts? And what's a good ATF to go with? You just go with the latest universal Dex/Merc stuff that's out there now, like the Valvoline? And which one - the high-mileage red bottle (what I put in my 91 Civic) or the full synthetic blue bottle?

Appreciate any information anyone has to share and thanks in advance.

Welcome Ed! I'm not familiar with the BG chassis, but I'm positive someone will be here to help you very soon. Enjoy your stay

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Working...
    X