New GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GTR

Hello everyone I have just purchased a nice red 323 GTR but unfortunately the engine let go on the first run out. It has been stood for 6 years and its put three holes in the block. My mechanic has stripped engine down and I need a new piston 1 sodium filled valve, 1 conrod and 1 oil squirter. I have also been told I can use a 1.8 Mazda MX5 or Miata block for the bottom end. I have tried to source these parts in England but nobody seems to be able to help. Can anyone suggest a place in the USA, Australia or Japan where I can order these parts as the rest of the engine parts have been examined and are in good order. Thanks and Hello again.

welcome! clean gtr... although its missing a gtr grill : . i have a whole spare gtr engine i would sell you.. but shipping would be very spendy

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Thankyou I will check on shipping but like you have stated probably very expensive. How much would the engine cost and what condition is it in mileage etc. Is OR Oregon as i know a company who ship so i can get a quote.Thanks.

Comment

You are MUCh better off putting a new set of Hbeams in there. Who knows what shape your much-used, 20 year old, mystery conrod and piston would be in. Eagles aren't all that expensive and are no heavier than the stock rods. Wisco, CP, Venolia, what have you, they're gonna be ever so much better than ancient used OEM. Keep the stock 8.5:1 compression ratio. As for the block, well, I don't know what your local wrecking yards are like but I'd start there!
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

normally i would not ask what someone paid for their car . but you are in a completely different market than us and i really want to know what a gtr with a blow motor would sell for?

Comment

The engine was working when i purchased the car, therefore i could not value it in that way. It is probably worth quite a bit in parts as its in quite good condition and the gearbox and drivetrain are perfect. But i want to repair rather than break for spares as these are rare cars in England and it would be a shame to lose another one.

Comment

Working...
            X