Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Ireland..!

Hi All,

I have a 1991 Mazda 323(familia) 1.5 dohc which was my first car and never had the heart to get rid of her.

I have the car 12 years now and it has just had a full respray and gereral clean up, getting the waterpump and timing belt done as we speak.

Hope to post some useful stuff here and of course look for some infomation..!!

Semmingly my engine is pretty rare and finding it hard to find parts here in Ireland so hopefully some of you experts will help me out in pointing me in the direction of where I can get parts.

Before

IMG_0625.jpg

After
    IMG_2292.jpg

This is it sprayed up and on new wheels that I dont like, going to get my old ones refurbed and back on.

Welcome. Car looks good. I'd look into doing a bpt swap if you can get that motor there.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

These cars are rare on the ground here so reckon I will be keeping the engine as is, trying to find a standard exhaust is near to impossible.

I just cant make out if I should be going for the 1.6 or 1.8 exhaust and no one seems to be able to tell me what will fir the 1.5

Comment

the only difference in exhaust would be the dowpipe portion. very nice ride though, same color as my car . some glass headlamps would really set the front end off though, or maybe just polishing the plastic

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
          the only difference in exhaust would be the dowpipe portion. very nice ride though, same color as my car . some glass headlamps would really set the front end off though, or maybe just polishing the plastic
          So you reckon if i ordered the full exhaust it could be then cut and welded to suit..?? which one should I go for..? the 1.8 or 1.6 set up..??

The headlights are glass..??? maybe just need a clean, I have a spare set I must look and see if they are better.

Comment

ahh the headlights just looked plastic maybe due to the lighting and angles. either exhaust would be fine, just make sure its for 2wd. 1.6 and 1.8 catbacks would be identical

NW MAZDAS

Comment

cheers bogaut for your help.... do you recommend anywhere to buy parts from..?

Comment

If i remember correctly, pacesetter and corksport were the only 2 people that make an exhaust right? I know pacesetter sounds like ass and formality can be pricey. If i were you I'd just buy a quality resonator and muffler and have an exhaust welded up by a shop
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Cheers turpo, I reckon thats the way to go....

Comment

yea custom is the way to go. especially since buying anything from the states you would be raped with shipping prices

NW MAZDAS

Comment

smooth lookin hatch!

fyi when I swapped my old 323 from a 1.6 sohc to 1.8 dohc the front pipe, or "downpipe" was the same due to both cars having the lumpy cast exhaust manifold. So finding a used system shouldn't be an issue for fitment.
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                      X