Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Beater!

Hello everyone,
    well I thought I would post up here seeing that I've been floating through the forum for quite some time
    We will start off with the car!
    It's a 1991 Mazda 323 1.6l, I bought this thing off of my Neighbor for $500, it originally wasn't running but upon further inspection I realized that it wasn't getting any spark.
    So I took some sand paper and cleaned off all the contact points for the cap and rotor as well as the wires. Sure enough it ran. So I drove it down to my auto parts store and bought new cap, rotor, and wires (PO bought new plugs), and now it runs like a champ. The car is originally a Ohio car, so it has lots of the wonderful red cancer.
    Especially around the rear strut tower! I originally bought the cap so I wouldn't have to drive my project car in the winter, lets just say that last winter... sucked..
    My project car leaks WAYYY to much, which cause the blower motor for the heater to melt, and it doesn't really have what I like to call "clearance"

Here's some pictures..

About muah.
    I'm 18, live in Colorado and am just some broke ass student.
    I would say that I reside in the Volkswagen community, but have a place in my heart for small Japanese cars.
    Lemme quickly whore my other sihtbox

welcome to CP ...
    i think you will eventually fall to the darkside and start seeing the Much less expensive potential for the 323

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
      welcome to CP ...
      i think you will eventually fall to the darkside and start seeing the Much less expensive potential for the 323
      Thanks!

Maybe so.. Someday down the road hopefully I'll find myself in a rotory... someday.....
      But vw's aren't really expensive to modify, the newer ones on the other hand can cost a bit. But there is a large enough community behind it to drive down the price of coilovers and other "pricey" parts.

Anyway! This is a protege forum; and staying on the topic of cheap coilovers and 323's, are there any cheap coilover sets for this generation of 323?
      I'll search later on today...

Comment

Working...
      X