1993 Progege rough idle, not sure why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Progege rough idle, not sure why

Howdy, first of all, to confess, brand new to the forum (should have joined more than a decade ago, I'm a late bloomer) but have driven protégés for 20 years. Pride and joy is my '93. Love the bulletproof cast iron engine block. It's getting a new paint job as we speak, but an engine problem suddenly manifest itself. Cranked (as in engine turned over) but that was it. So we troubleshot it to old original ignition coil. Replaced it, now it cranks all the way, but idles smooth at times, horrific at others. Not sure if vac hose somewhere to blame or some other source. Sat (May 11) we will replace distrib cap and rotor, and all four plugs, but only b/c that was scheduled to happen regardless. Does anyone know how to (a) jumper wire the diagnostic to force any info out of the chip..or (b) how to find an online source for 93 protégé vacuum hose diagram? ALSO: My other car is a 2000 protégé and last time it idled roughly it turned out 2B a 'mazda only' part: a tiny hose w/a valve inside. Not sure if the 93's had this same technology or not. ROCK Auto: was on their site earlier, they have Chilton manual avail for purchase. Are they better than Haynes? Thanks in advance. (yep just realized I misspelled Protégé in the title, not sure if it'll let me correct it)
    Last edited by Dave Bee; 05-10-2013, 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Working...
X