z5 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

z5 turbo

Hey my name is malique i own a 95 protege, i would like to know how many pounds of boost can a z5 handle without messing with the internals im really thinking about boosting my z5
    Last edited by butterrzz; 08-23-2013, 09:31 PM. Reason: Hey my name is malique i own a 95 protege, i would like to know how many pounds of boost can a z5 handle without messing with

I think only one person has turbo'd a Z5, but there wasn't much info posted about it. Everything will have to be custom built as there are no off-the-shelf turbo kits for this engine. If you do go through with the turbo idea, I'd keep the boost pretty low and keep an extremely close eye on it and slowly increase until you're happy with both the performance and reliability.

Comment

7-8 is pretty standard for internally wastegated turbos & is standard for most older OEM boosted cars
      I don't see why you couldn't run 7-10psi without any internal mods (obviously turbo dependent)
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i already bought an universal turbo kit from ebay next step is to buy bigger injectors (440 cc's) and a greddy emange *blue box but i heard aem has a better management that more or less controls everything through the stock ecu dont know much about it jus want everything to be right before i start building my z5t...

Comment

i bought an universal kit from ebay it like 5-25 psi thinking when i put it in i should do a couple of runs at different boost levels not exceeding 10 psi tho dont really wanna fry my piston rings or anything for that matter

Comment

What exhaust manifold are you using? Custom?

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Ebay and turbo, those two words shouldn't be used in the same sentence

Comment

ebay can be hit/miss.

I love my ebay T04E turbo. nothing wrong with it at all. last dyno made 270 flywheel on a 1.8BP. no shaft play after years of abuse. the turbo is solid. so far it has held up better than some OEM turbos I know of.

IMO biggest issue with ebay turbo is installer not knowing what they are doing. putting the drain too low or not having the right oil line restrictor.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

im gonna custom build my exhaust manifold

Comment

Cool. Good luck.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Working...
                    X