Hello!!! :wavey: Newbie with questions!!- 1996 mazda protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!!! :wavey: Newbie with questions!!- 1996 mazda protege

Hello guys/gals !! I just got a 1996 mazda protege lx (first car). It looks like a p.o.s right now but plan to give her lots of love soon. Like most people that own this car, I'm also looking for the mazdaspeed bodykit lol. It feels like I'm Luffy in the search of the one piece haha. Since I'm a newbie of course I have some questions and was wondering if the community can answers some. Thanks for reading. Hola from Vegas!
    1. Would I need to do any adjustments to put the jdm front bumper on? or is it just bolt on?
    2. Would a 1995-1996 hatchback protege front bumper fit on my 96 protege sedan? They look the same so I was wondering.
    3. Is there a jdm rear bumper? and would I need it if by an act of god I get my hands on the mazdaspeed bodykit? Also would there need to be any adjustments?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by phycoteddy; 09-14-2013, 05:50 PM.

1. JDM front bumper is bolt on. No adjustments or mods needed.
    2. I'm 99.9% sure the hatchback has the exact same set up up front.
    3. There is a JDM rear bumper. It's a little shorter and doesn't have the side markers. You will need it for the mazdaspeed kit.
    Good luck finding the mazdaspeed parts you want. I can't even find jdm headlights.

Comment

You may need to remove the steel bumper and Styrofoam crash pad to put the bumper cover on, though. Probably the same for the rear. That's why the USDM bumpers stick out farther, because of the crash support.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

^ Exactly. That's why I plan on keeping my usdm rear bumper

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to not mind the rear bumper on mine. The front looks great, but I think a shorter rear bumper would actually make the car look kind of squished, haha.

Also, phycoteddy, there's a guy on eBay selling a Mazdaspeed grille that will fit your car. Located here.

And he has BHA side skirts, but you'll have to message him about those. If my car didn't already have a set I'd snatch them up.
          Last edited by irishkev90; 09-15-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Oh ok Thanks alot for the reply very helpful! and cool Ill hit him up, thanks!

Comment

Welcome!
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

No problem! I'd just like to see more BHA members active on these forums. I think we may be the minority behind the BG and BJ. Those two chassis can swap a few parts between them like suspension components. The BHA seems to be the unloved middle child of Mazda's Protege line-up. Unless you can get parts from overseas, there's not really much you can swap to and from. If you have the BP there's a little more fun to be had, but then OBDI and OBDII come into play when swapping stuff around.

I say go big or go home; KLG4, RWD (using Miata transmission/RX-7 bellhousing, limited slip rear diff), 4WS.... Oh wait, those are my dreams

Comment

Working...
                X