First fourm I have been apart of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First fourm I have been apart of...

Hey what's up guys I look on fourms now and then but i have never made an account and actually used them frequently so here i am. I bought a completely stock Dx 2002 Mazda Protege 4DR Sedan with 98k miles on it (no it is not a MSP which sucks but oh well gotta work with what yah got) So for now until i get a better car I want to make my car look and sound better, so I was hoping for some advice and things I can do to achieve the goal of having a better looking car. It is a protege so I already know any big performance boosts is not really gonna happen, (it is also automatic as well so I'm not worried about performance). I just want to focus on appearance. All advice is appreciated, Thanks. This is what I'm working with...

2013-09-21 15.31.04.jpg2013-09-21 15.31.12.jpg

I'd toss some allow wheels on there and call it good. 4x100? Snag some Miata somethinorother.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Miata wheels would be a nice upgrade. I bought some a few years ago that are still waiting for tires, haha. Looks like a real clean start, too. Personally, I'd tint the windows. Not something crazy like 5% limo tint, 35% would be fine, and hopefully something that won't turn purple in a year or two. I've read that Gila window tint doesn't fade, but I have no first hand experience with it. I don't know what brand was used on my '97, but that's purple now and I'd like to redo it at some point. You could also use Protege5 headlights, but will need slight wiring changes as the low and high beams are separate.

But in reality, everything is your choice. It's your car and no one should tell you what looks good and what doesn't. If you like it, go for it.

Comment

I think it looks sharp as is.
        Those Del Sol wheels look sharp. I'd confirm the bolt pattern and offset though.
        1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
        1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
        2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
        1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Nah i'm just gonna keep the lights i have for now they are clean as a bitch and i threw some blue/white HIDs in there, even thought they're only 5800k the lights are so clean it looks pretty damn good haha. I literally just got into cars like a year ago so I'm still learning. What are some suggestions on cheap stuff that i can do while money is tight? I want to lower it and get a nice exhaust and all that stuff a little later but for now i just wanna tint, some different rims, and a sway bar set or somethin i dunno haha. What are some good sites for protege parts? And also what things do I need to know to get a nice offset to get my rims/tires lookin like these http://www.flickr.com/photos/69766646@N07/6963543551/

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x8-4x100-G...2de4e7&vxp=mtr im gettin these or the ones above ^ but idk what tire size i need and **** and i want it to be stretched a little but not too much

Comment

lol 365.00 shipping on those 219.00 del sol rims .. lmao .. gotta love fleabay

Comment

Working...
              X