Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello every one I just thought I'd post and introduce myself, and also get my post count above 0 so I can start asking questions. Anyways I don;t own a protege right now, but I drove a 1.6 bha for 4 trouble free years before giving it to a friend last year. That little car was remarkable, I traded a temperamental 88 rx-7 for it back when gas was approaching $5 a gallon and needed a better car for daily driving duties. When I first saw it I though I was making a mistake, it was neglected, beaten, needed every wear item changed, missing an exhaust, and the owner was going to jail in a few weeks so the deal had to happen or I would have to wait 6 months until his release. Why that idiot wanted a project car in his situation still boggles me to this day. Anyways I needed that car to get me through one winter, and that's what I expected it would do, but it never died, never had a serious issue, just kept going. I've put about $700 into that car in brakes, exhaust, tires, timing belt, tune up, etc. and wound up putting 80k miles on it and it's still going at 250k miles. The Volvo that was given to me is much nicer, but man that little Mazda is one hell of a survivor!

Anyways I joined up now for 2 reasons, my old protege is still under my care since the friend I gave it to isn't mechanically inclined, and I have another friend with a 2002 protege that he is in the process of installing a turbo setup, which in turn has lead to head aches for me which I'll be posting about that soon enough.

As for my background I am a car nut, Mazda rx-7's are my thing, and am currently on my third one, a first gen that I've swapped in a somewhat modified ford 5.0 v8. I also have a good deal of experience with Volkswagen's (particularly anything 1.8t.) older Chevy's, small engine repair, and even appliance repair (owning my crappy washing machine will either train you to be an appliance repairman, or you'll lose your ass on repair bills).

Welcome to the club!
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
    X