New Memeber 11/26/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Memeber 11/26/13

Old bald guy who owns a 1989 Mazda 323 SOC, 5 speed, purchased new in May 1989 with somewhere around 250,00 miles on it - speedo broke 5 years ago at 207,000 and I do about 9-11K a year. All original except mufflers (replaced about ever 3 years as they rust out (bought lifetime orignal replacements from Mazda - get them free ), third clutch, 2nd H20 Pump, 4th timming belt, several brakes, etc and on 4th set of struts (life time replacement from Les Schaubs ), original paint and interiior, totally stock mechanically.

Like to get inputs on:

Speedo - breaks new cable with 1 day after replacement - this a familar problem? - Solution??

How many miles do these things go? Mine is losing some power, a tad bit of smoke on start up, but still getting 30 mpg around town (estimate now, but before the speedo broke - that was documented)

And when and if the engine dies - what newer, larger dispalcement replacements will fit without major rework?

Thanks for any and all replies, Frank in Washoughal, WA

the easiest engine swap would be a b6t out of a gtx/mercury capri xr2, i know someone who will have a complete engine for sale soon

NW MAZDAS

Comment

welcome aboard!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Please keep me posted on that motor, I am about 40 miles north of you just across the creek, just east of Vancouver/Camas. Love to put something that has about 125-40 hp in this little car, Won't be making any purchases until after the holidays however.

Comment

well my buddy lives in bellingham, but he visits here somewhat often

NW MAZDAS

Comment

I understand the FE3 fits a BF pretty well.

Welcome to the forum. I love to see a good preservation project.
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
            X