99 Protege ES owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 Protege ES owner

Thought I'd introduce myself. I own a blue 99 protege ES with almost 180,000 miles. I bought it for a couple of reasons:

a) I love Mazdas. I have owned a beautiful 93 MX6 LS with the V6, and a Mazda3.
    b) I wanted to buy my car with cash
    c) The protege at this price point was way better than any Honda, etc. I was seeing

So, now I'm on to learning how to repair my own car. I didn't learn a thing growing up, and decided to stop paying a mechanic for stuff I can do myself.

Wise choise.

Lots of information here. Do your research and don't be too afraid of making things worse. Take your time and do it right. Start with something simple, like brakes and oil changes, unless you have a specific urgent problem to fix.

Welcome to the forum.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Thanks! I successfully replaced my starter the other day. It felt amazing when the car started after all the frustration. It'll give me the motivation I need to keep working. I'll be posting some pics on the process, because there wasn't a whole lot of information here.

Comment

Working...
      X