Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Long Island, NY! 94 protege question. (Clutch replace, fuel pump relay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Long Island, NY! 94 protege question. (Clutch replace, fuel pump relay)

Hello all,

I have a 94 protege that I just changed the clutch on. After putting everything back together, I tried starting the car, but it stalled after a few seconds. Tried a few more times and the same thing happened. I had it narrowed down to what I thought was the fuel pump relay because I can hold it engaged and the car stays on. However after doing a little more research, I read that the relay should disengage, like it was doing by itself, and the fuel pump will then get its power from somewhere else, like the oil pressure sensor or something. So is my problem a disconnect somewhere else in the system, or should the relay in fact stay engaged on this car in order to continue to supply power to the pump? And is this possibly a result of jarring something loose during the reassembly process? A sensor, on the front of the transmission right next to the shift lever and transmission support arm, pulled out during reassembly, so we soldered it back together, but maybe that is the issue, or maybe completely unrelated?

Thanx for the help

I just did that job on my '94 Protege also. I lost my speedometer in the process. My transmission has 2 switches - neutral safety and reverse (for backup lamps ). On my tranny, neither is connected and it runs just fine. I'd look at the harness connectors at the top of the bell housing. Really had to move those around to access the top bolts.

Welcome to Club protégé!
    5 squirrels - 4 running for their lives, one cracking the whip.

Comment

did you forget to plug in the idle air hose? or the VAF?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
      X