hello protege enthusiasts I need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello protege enthusiasts I need your help

I am an owner of a 2002 Mazda protege 5, since I have owned it I have had Nothing but issues with the exhaust. I am the 2nd owner of the car and When I bought it I was aware of the random loss of power once it hit 65 on the freeway. I fixed that issue with a aftermarket precat cause the oem one was falling apart into the catalytic convertor.

Now Im having problems with the cat and resonator..

My question is, can I run a resonator off a 2000 Mazda protege on a 2002 Mazda protege 5 and will not having the cat in-between matter all that much?

Welcome.

I can't answer your question about deleting one of your cats, because I don't know what laws are in effect where you live. I can say that it seems likely your precat may have damaged the cat behind it. I hope you find a cost-effective solution. Post in the BJ chasis section for more and better information.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I don't remember where the rear O2 is on the BJ anymore, but if the second cat is after it you can remove it. I know some of Washington state has Emission testing, so don't scrap it once you removed it.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
      X