hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

First off I want to say hello, second I have been searching the Internet for months looking for info on my MPI Tuner. I do understand this site is for protégés but this the only place I could find anyone talking about it, I do apologize in advance for any issues this may cause but I'm in a bit of a jam. I own a 2004 ram srt10 built by Nick Mannaniero utilizing his mpi tunner. My issue is be tuned it to run very rich to protect the engine but doing that it's throwing a code and I cannot get it inspected. I called and spoke with nick, I have all the software but cannot get it to connect to my laptop
    I'm using the db9 to usb converter but it just won't connect.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks you in advance

PAUL

Welcome, Paul. I doubt you will find a laptop with a serial port, but if you could, that would be ideal. There may be a way to add a serial controller to your laptop that could handle serial connections natively, but that would depend on the hardware layout of your laptop.

I hope you can engineer a simple, cost-effective solution. Please post it if you do.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Thank you, I made a cable at work db9 to the 3 pin connector and found an old laptop with a com port....... have to install software and give it a go.....hopefully it works. That would eliminate the usb converter.

Comment

Finally got the beast out of winter storage. The cable I made works great, connected immediately with no issues. Now my question is......the map that shows up as soon as the Mpi goes "on line" is that the factory setting or would that be nick mananaro's map? What I am looking to do is set the Mpi back to factory settings so I can get it inspected then load nicks map back in after inspection.
        any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X