mazda gt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mazda gt?

I guys new here seen a post about gtr and gtx head numbers but mine was not one of them lested so can anyone tell me what a BP26-8-1 is and what will coz it not to rev past 5k

The only difference between the heads are the GTR valves are sodium filled the GTX are not. BP26-8-1 is a GTR head, Look at the valves, they will either be stamped either 05 or CT8. Why do you need to rev past 5k? I go to 8k now and then in my BP05 head occasionally sometimes more often than never. You be alright but I would suggest reworking the head like anyone else should if your gonna be reving your engine all day.
    Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

Thanks boost starts just b4 5k and im only making 3psi b4 it cuts car also runs like ****

Comment

If it has BP2 behind the flywheel dose that mean the whole engine is a gtr

Comment

Sounds like your issue doesn't reside in the head. Check for a boost leak, not sure about the whole engine but the block casting being a "BP2" is a GTR rumored to have a web stiffened block, larger crank nose and oil squirters etc etc. If your not running proper boost of course it is gonna cut out. Find out why your not getting boost then it should work just fine.
          Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

Could it be a electronic problem

Comment

you have a leak somewhere if your not getting boost before 5k. check to make sure your timing belt is on correctly. then check your ignition timing.
              after check all your pipes/couplers
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
              X