yo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yo

Hello all my name is Dave. I live in SD, CA. I was browsing CL for a 4 door, good on gas, daily driven car and I came across an immaculate '02 Pure White Pro5 with only 77k. I immediately contacted the seller and bought it the very next day when I went to check it out. I didn't think that I was going to get a car so soon but, it was a deal that I couldn't pass and I wanted to hop on it before someone else did. It's funny bc I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. I was just browsing cars that were in my budget and fit my 4-dr and gas efficient preference. Fell right in love as soon as I test drove it. And I was amazed in how great shape it was for a 13 yo car. Well maintained and garage kept. Clean engine bay, interior and exterior paint. Well, minus a couple of dings on the doors. The only thing I did wish was different is auto for a manual. It would've felt a lot more sportier to me however, it is still fun to drive. All that matters is that I'm content with the choice I made and so is my family.
    There's a few things i have in store for it to make a transformation more to my liking. Nothing extreme. Just a good drop, sub/amp, window visors and rims. Keeping it simple and clean. At least for now.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and I guess I'll see you on the boards!
    -Dave

IMG_6525.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg

Comment

Welcome to CP, nice score on the P5.

Comment

Welcome, Dave. That's a very clean-looking P5 you got there.

I stumbled into my first Mazda too. It was back in 2002. I just ran across a 92 Protege LX at a dealer, and he wanted way too much for it. Someone else was interested in it at the same time, so he didn't want to deal. So I passed. Then I drove past the place again about a week later, and it was still there! He sure was ready to deal then. Heh heh, good times.

Enjoy your P5 and your time on these forums (or fora; I'm not sure which is correct). It shouldn't be too hard to convert from auto to manual.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Welcome to CP.

Nice looking car. The P5 is a good machine.
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
          X