blown fuse ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blown fuse ???

hello guys im new to the forum and i hope im posting in the right place ... i have a 03 mazda protege5 non turbo and the radio - interior lights - power locks quit on me today ... checked all fuses inside car and under the hood and all seem good ... anyone know where the fuse is that operates the 3 features ... ty in advance ...

Really.. Nothing!!!

Comment

Memory serves, there isn't one that runs all three, but I haven't looked at your fuses in a while. From what I dug up, fuse #8 under the hood runs the interior lights and power locks (40A) and #16 looks to be for the stereo (7.5A); under the dash you have #3 for the radio, #8 for the lights and #11 for the locks. You might want to start by swapping out the interior fuses with known good ones. Make sure all of the connectors are firmly seated as well.
      1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Ty for the response sir.. Ill try that today and see if it fixes the problem... Ty for responding

Comment

You were right... It was the 40 amp under the hood.. Ty so much for your help and time... Greatly appreciated sir

Comment

well i got a new problem ... replaced the 40 amp fuse and everything worked ... drove to the store and on the way back it blew again ... wonder what could be shorting it out ?

Comment

That's a good question. Did the under dash fuses blow too, or just the under hood one?

Comment

Just under hood

Comment

Have you recently replaced any of the parts that are being affected by that fuse? Upgraded stereo, perhaps? Does the car have any other issues, or did it just before the fuse went? Check out the wiring going to that fuse box, too, make sure it all looks alright.

Comment

Found the problem ... Took the external fusebox out and found a bare wire touch the fender.. Put a piece of rubber under fusebox and retaped all wiring ... Good to go ... Tyvm for your help

Comment

whoa, what bare wire was this??? that sounds mighty questionable
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Questionable indeed! Bare wires under a fusebox doesn't usually 'just happen'. You should probably investigate further for other signs of damage or tampering.
                        1990 Protege 4WD
                        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

You're welcome for the help. The others are right, though, wires don't just strip themselves. You should make sure the other wires in that loom are in good shape; whatever caused the one to rub could very well have damaged some other wires. Any chance you could get some pics of those wires?

Comment

Working...
                          X