New. from burnaby,bc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New. from burnaby,bc.

Hope to communicate for my 2002 protege maintenance, especially for replacing the rear brake pads.

Welcome to CP.

You'll find plenty of maintenance information here.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Welcome.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Hi goldstar,I checked messages about changing rear brake pads and noticed some mentioned loose/tighten the 4 mm little hex screw adjuster(behind the cliper) to pull the piston inward to make space for the new pads. But what and how to do in case the little hex screw adjuster striped? And,also,what would happen if it falls out? I am going to change the rear brake pads for my 2002 protege. Thanks.

Comment

Hi A100FLOWERS. Sorry, my '02 is a DX with rear drum brakes so I can't really help you with your rear pad change out. I'm sure one of our more knowledgeable members will come to your aid.

Good luck.

Happy Motoring!
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

On a BG, if the adjuster falls out you can just put it back in and it will still work. I don't know if your BJ is the same. How and why do you think the adjuster is stripped? It's a gear drive. Could it just be at the end of its travel? Again, all my experience is with BGs, so I could be way off.
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by A100FLOWERS View Post
              Hi goldstar,I checked messages about changing rear brake pads and noticed some mentioned loose/tighten the 4 mm little hex screw adjuster(behind the cliper) to pull the piston inward to make space for the new pads. But what and how to do in case the little hex screw adjuster striped? And,also,what would happen if it falls out? I am going to change the rear brake pads for my 2002 protege. Thanks.
              If the adjuster itself is stripped out.... just take the one from the other side & use it to pull the piston back in. If you mean the internal gear... then you'd need a new caliper.
              the allen key adjustment piece is able to come out & it is perfectly okay that it does that.
              hope that helps

PS i can't recall if its 4 or 4.5mm for the key.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
              X