Best jack spots for 2001 protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best jack spots for 2001 protege

I found this forum using google and hope the kind people here can help someone who is about to begin working on their own car for the first time

I am wondering what are the safest jack spots to use on a 2001 Protege that has had both rocker panels replaced and is generally rusted along the floor panels and such. Where the cross members meet? I am looking to do several items over the next month (new struts, oil and trans fluid changes, new brake pads and rotors) and need to be as safe as possible. I got a good 2 ton low profile jack and stands with chocks.

Pictures of what to look for would be helpful!

from a safety aspect, the rear mount of the control arm is one of the most solid zones of the car. & far less likely to be rotted.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      from a safety aspect, the rear mount of the control arm is one of the most solid zones of the car. & far less likely to be rotted.
      Any chance you could provide a pic showing where you are thinking of? I am still a little new to this and want to be sure it's the right spot.

Same for the front?

Comment

that is for the front.

for the rear, use the subframe itself.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          that is for the front.

for the rear, use the subframe itself.
          Could you provide a pic of these sections with an arrow pointing to what you are thinking of? Very much a newb when it comes to the terminology and positioning of parts.

Comment

Working...
          X