Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cooling system

Hello All,

I have posted once in the past and now need help again. My daughters 2001 protégé with the small engine has about 150,000 miles. A few weeks back her radiator developed a crack. Never overheated just threw some steam as she was pulling into the driveway. We had it replaced and after the car came back my daughter noticed the while driving back and forth to school the temp gauge was running at about 3/4 of the way up when it normally always sat at 1/2 way. The cooling fan was not functioning so we had that replaced. Now the gauge is still doing the same thing. I believe the gauge and sending unit are working correctly because if I put the heat on the gauge goes back to normal. I was told the second cooling fan on the radiator only comes on when the air conditioner is turned on. Has any one had this same problem? Ideas on what to check? I just hate having her commuting with the possibility of overheating.

Thanks,

jj

Air bubble, perhaps?
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

i second bleeding the coolant system once more.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

If it is an air bubble, will it eventually work its way out?

Comment

Working...
        X