Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 Protege DX. Trying to diagnose a P0090 and P0300. I'm attempting to find the fuel pressure, but both my guages are showing 0 pressure. Car bogs, and hesitates at random intervals. Half the time the car runs fine. Already replace my spark plug wires, and the FPR. I will post a thread in the proper section, and link to it here.

edit: link to problem I'm having ---> http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...172#post814172
    Last edited by Sonar294; 08-09-2015, 04:50 PM. Reason: Link added

Could it be that you have no fuel pressure? Have you changed your fuel filter? Does it matter how much fuel is in the tank?

What are those OBDII codes? Sorry, I've never had OBDII, so I never learned them.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

P0300 could be a fuel pump malfunction as per manual, and P0090 listed online (not in the manual) as being a fuel pressure regulator issue.
      I've never heard of having no fuel pressure on a car that drives. I'm not new to troubleshooting, but far from understanding everything.

Comment

Could be an intermittent blockage. Does it matter how much fuel is in the tank? Could also be a bad electrical connection at the pump.

Just a couple of ideas.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

No leaks, but no pressure to read.

edit: The photo I uploaded to seems to be dead. It's just showing how I connected a fuel pressure gauge inline before after the fuel pressure regulator. I bought a fairly extensive kit that had no proper fittings. Only thing that worked was an generic gauge with fuel lines on each end. Had to cut off the outline pipe on an old FPR to make it fit.
          Last edited by Sonar294; 08-31-2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

The fuel Pump has continuity. Haven't found any other electrical tests to run. I ran a fuel volume test at the FPR and got 12oz/15s. I can't find anything in the manual explaining what value this should be. Hoping to figure this out soon.

Comment

I found another location to inline the gauge. Not sure what to call it. A long fuel hose, and remove of the air box is necessary. I'll update the thread with the results next month. I'm returning the fuel tester kit I purchased. Going to assume the one I made from a hardware store is working, since both gauges didn't give a reading running the fittings after the Pulsation Damper.

Comment

Working...
              X