New to the forum. Not new to Protege.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum. Not new to Protege.

Drove a 1999 ES for several yeas and racked up a 100k miles. Loved the car, maybe too much. Engine failed. Donated to charity. Spent nearly two years looking for a replacement.
    Last month I found a very nice 2001 ES with the 2.0, sunroof and side airbags. One owner, police motor officer, 54,000 miles. But with the usual problems: Original gold paint with paint fails on the roof and spoiler. Intermittent wipers don't work. passenger side automatic rear door lock actuator MIA, just grinding. So far I installed a rosewood shifter knob I had bought years ago for my '94 Miata R. Looks great in the Protege. Also got a check engine light the first week of driving. Changed the air filter. CEL code reappeared. The as I did with my '99 changed the rotted out air intake hose. Runs great now.

Have you read the codes yet for the CEL issue?
    any pictures?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The code reader showed a P0171 (systen too lean bank 1) Pretty easy to diagnose after I did a visual on the air tube. No photos but the 3" or so rubber tube is right on top of the engine compartment and connects the MAP and the air intake box. Easy access and I had done the same job on my '99 ES.

Comment

ah. well glad its sorted
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X