Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in my Pro5 again

Hello All
    I had the luxury of purchasing my Pro5 back when they first came out and took one of the first deliveries down in Columbia, SC.

My Pro 5 has over 300K miles, has gone with both of my daughters to college. Last year I picked it up from an auto boneyard that my daughter had turned it over to (after nearly killing it through abuse and neglect). Well a year and a half later of much work and cleaning It's on the road again.

Still requiring some work, but I'm back in my Pro 5 again!!!!
    littleroad.jpg

Wow. Glad you were able to save it!
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

still looks clean!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        still looks clean!
        The front clip has been repainted. The rest of the car is original paint except the rear spoiler. Had that touched up as well. The car has been cleaned and cleaned and cleaned! Finally gave up and had a car wash take care of all of the dog hair inside. They also got the oils out of the back of it. The back was saturated with motor oil.

The photo is after quite a bit of work. The photos below were taken the day I picked it up after it was moved out of the yard to the parking lot. Arrival1.jpgarrival2.jpg

Comment

fair nuff!!! nice work cleaning it up!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

FE3-323, I just read your thread on your P5. Do you still have it? I think I understand your statement about mine still looking clean now. It has no rust on it. I've seen a few others in this area without rust. I need to keep an eye out if they go up for sale or get retired since the bodies seem to be good around here.

I am still having some engine problems with mine though as well as brake issues. I need to check the brakes to see if one or more are siezed up. Also the check engine line keeps flashing but we haven't fund the cause of the miss yet.

Comment

i had sticking caliper issues with mine. decided to upgrade to mazda 6 fronts and rears. hell of a difference.

i got rid of mine. and damn glad for it. i could never get decent mpg from mine. and it was a rotbox

Comment

I just picked up a set of Mazda 6 front calipers for mine. Since mine is a manual I don't feel so goo dabut giving up the parking brake. Otherwise, change the rears over as well.

Funny thing is I used to have a set of Mazda 6 calipers and brackets. When my youngest daughter went off to college I bought her a used 2005 mazda 6 V6 hatchback with a manual transmission to take. Unfortunately she convinced me to let her have my P5 and I kept the 6. After about a year I upgraded the brakes on the 6 to the 2006-08 units all around. Ugh, wish I had kept my old ones for this.

I was never able to solve the overheating issue with my original motor and just put in a used motor. I hope I can solve the random misfire. I am getting now.

With the old motor I usually averaged 28 to 31mpg. Try as I might I couldn't get it above that.

Comment

You use the p5 calipers on mazda 6 bracketry. A touch of grinding and poof. You keep the parking brakes. People are retarded and seem to forget how to think. Ignore them and use the stock calipers.
                  My old p5 really loved the bigger rear discs.
                  I could never break 24mpg. Down hill w the wind pushing. It was a pos

Comment

Working...
                  X