New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy

Well I have in the works a 1993 323 plain jane stock that has been sitting for years. Original owner says it has only 140,000 before his timing gear sheared it's pin off and it's been sitting since. The car is red and in really rough shape. I didn't get a chance to really look it over but I will be airing up the tires and opening the hood and doors to be sure I want this as a project. He also said that the new timing gear and pin is sitting in the passenger seat and if I read correctly, a spun timing belt won't bend the valves so I'll just have to retime it and boom she's running. Am I correct in this thinking?

Of course pics will be posted while working on her. Might to a YT vlog but who knows.

After looking a pics, I think it might be a BF and the guy doesn't know what year it really is. I can't wait to get the title. All I know is that she's a 3 door hatchback and it a manual. Other than that I couldn't get into the car or even open the doors due to large weeds/trees growing around it.
    Last edited by minijosh; 01-20-2021, 09:45 PM.

Welcome. Pics?
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

No pics until I get her home, I'matruck driver. Just wait to see how awesomely terrible she is lol.

Comment

Looking forward to it. Be safe out there.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
        X