Let me introduce myself and my Mazda sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me introduce myself and my Mazda sedan

Hello fellow Mazda owners and enthusiasts. I'm from Bosnia, one of the former yugoslavian republics ( yeah, the Balkans, Europe's awkward corner).

I have this 1990 Mazda 323 sedan, which is basically in my family since 1991. Guess that same model was labeled "protege" in the United States. Here's is some info about my car.

It's a 1990 Mazda 323 sedan, with a mazda B3 engine in it. Engine is 1.3 liters, 16 valve and with a carburetor (no fuel injection in this one lol).
    If I can draw conclusions from papers that came with this car when it was new, it was supoused to be exported to United Arab Emirates, but somehow ended up in, then, Yugoslavia. Guess that's why it has a wider bumpers that standard european trim, and the rear license plate is not european style, it resembles more like an US style license plate.

Car was originally white, but unfortunately my father decided to paint it gray, around 2003 I guess. Nowdays, car is pretty damn rusty underneath , but I still use it.

This is me next to a car when I was a kid. received_232185147474331.jpeg I started to learn to drive on this same car when I was 11. Needles to say, it's a stick shift (we in Europe rarely use automatics).

Comment

Now, this is my with the car in summer of 2019, next to the coast of Adriatic sea. 68752547_2348933055196403_1452299760433102848_n.jpg This old girl started to have some issues so I registered on this forum in a hope you guys will help me get her running again. Cheers everybody!

Comment

What a great story! I really hope that you can keep it alive and on the road.

Comment

Welcome!
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Thank you for welcoming me guys! Issues I have with this car are explained here so I would appreciate some tips!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-system-please

Comment

I'd say try to buy a new one verses troubleshooting that piece, that way you know it's fresh.

Comment

Working...
              X